• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reporting Posts

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Standard of proof which should be required before a troll or multi is ID'ed and banned:

Standard of proof which is currently required before troll or multi is ID'ed and banned:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm pretty sure this thread isn't going to change the standard of proof applied when banning multis or the tolerance shown to obvious trolls so I'll suggest an alternative

The punishment for a trolling post is that thereafter, until the mods in their absolute discretion see fit, all that poster's posts have to be moderated before they appear - "it will cause too much work" is the reaction I expect - well it doesn't have to be done with any priority - if the troll is just that they'll soon get bored and **** off - if they're just misguided they'll soon learn

Same for anyone who looks like they might just be a multi - it ain't a ban, so surely there can be no objection on grounds of it being draconian, and if it happens to a poster there's no need for the wider community to necessarily know (though I accept it may become obvious once posts are passed

There are forums, I believe, where new members posts are moderated as a matter of course?

But anyway something has be done to stop situations arising where someone like Corrin gets six months for, at its most basic level, trying to look out for the site's best interests - OK he deserved a cyberslap for the way he went about it, but surely 7 days was enough?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Corrin getting a serial offender rap, when he was guilty of ignoring moderator instructions, is bull****.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And GF's ban in any case i believe, had nothing to do with Bun. GIMH's did but he was told time and again to ignore him if he found him so provocative but chose to nigh on respond to almost his every post, even when it wasn't a bad post at all and giving him the reaction he wanted.

Many way worst Posters/Trolls/Multi's have been ignored in the past and even recently by many.
Let me have a crack at reiterating as well. When you feel someone is trolling, report them. When you go after them directly, it ruins threads for others. Believe it not, there are many people on this forum who have zero interest in you or others "outing" a multi. They don't want to see a match thread turned into a flame war. That's the reaction I'm talking about.

How about we have a healthy and constructive debate without resorting to such attacks on our characters?
i swear more people on the forum obsess over this guy than any one cricketer..isn't this exactly the reaction he would be hoping to get by his actions? i would think he is exulting at the chaos he is causing on the forum...wouldn't this be all the more incentive for him to come back in another avatar?

how about if we report someone and then completely ignore that guy or if someone feels that strongly about it, email the mods and then completely ignore the guy? the mods will look into it when they have the time and take action when they have enough proof and in the meantime, if he doesn't get anywhere with provocation, wouldn't he simply run out of motivation at some point? i just feel it would be a better solution to make the guy (and others of his ilk) completely insignificant and have him fade away than what is happening right now...?
Anil's got this one, you can easily tell when someone is trolling or being serious. None of the mentioned posters here are very good/subtle at doing it. Ignore or just reply with a :laugh:[/QUOTE]

With Anil and Athlai on this one.

By causing such a ****storm, you are letting the trolls win.
This is a pretty close reflection of my opinion on things. I wish he didn't get the reaction that he is craving for.
The point in all this is:

Bun = Sir Alex = Precam = AK.

People know it. It's easy enough to say don't respond to a troll. When that troll is a multi, and people know he's a multi who has posted inflammatory and personal VMs on their wall - some about their families, and it takes 2000 posts for the Mods to get it the **** right, is it any wonder people react?

This is the crap in Fusion's earlier post about the reaction of members to this poster being worse than his posts themselves. Fusion types this as a moderator when he well knows members have been attacked personally and viciously by this one person, and knowing the members in question have raised it with Mods, both on the forum and off it. He also types it knowing the opinion of most Mods for quite some time is that it was AK/ Precam/ Sir Alex, but they didn't want to do anything about it. And I say "didn't want", not "couldn't" because the latter is bull**** - you're the moderators, you could ban the bloke. You didn't want to, simple as that.

Now sorry, but if the bloke made some idiotic point like Tendulkar > Bradman, so be it. But he didn't. The same bloke who under a previous guise as AK did these rank things, is allowed to hang about on here for a year or so and rack up 2,000 posts before someone has the stones to finally say what half the forum has known for ages, and ban him.

I've spoken to Mods - current and former - off these boards, and they've known it's him, but they say they can't "prove" it. Well FMD, if it takes you 2,000 posts to prove what every bastard has known for the better part of a year, then the moderating levels are set to so ridiculous a standard as to render them useless.

So, spare us the softy, softly crap in this instance. I find it pretty disingenuous to read posts from Mods accusing members of reacting in a manner worse than the multi/ troll himself, when the manner in which this person has conducted himself in the past has been utterly appalling, and the Mods themselves have been of the view it is the same person all along, but have been waiting like a 9/11 Truther or Dick Cheney, for the "smoking gun".

Anyway, it's a moot point, isn't it? He'll be back within a fortnight under a new guise. The Mods will be told about it, then do SFA for a year or so while he goes about his business. Off the forum, people will be told by Mods that they know it's him, but "we can't prove it". Those who he's attacked in the past will get the ****s with it, the holier-than-thou crew (including - ridiculously and stupidly, the very Moderators who are refusing to do anything) will say "don't react", "you're worse than he is".

What an unbelievable crock of **** this is.

Last edited:

grecian

:wacko:

Keep distorting the events and associating everything with the whole Indians get away with everything view that has been propogated by few, to defend their own misdemeanours which they like to defend by saying "calling it, as they see it" which is frankly a bollocks excuse and hypocritical at the same time.And basically everyone can then use that then and get away with everything they want.

And please go back and study the context of the incident you are outlining, and then present the facts correctly. Not as what suits your argument to generalize every Indian poster.
Well I said I like most Indian posters, so talk about distorting the truth, what about that argument did I distort ol chap. Wasn't generalizing every Indian poster was just saying your an idjit, and don't seem to be called on it, ever.

Oh, and I'm sure I'll get my first infraction over this, because your reporting finger will be in overdrive, but I wouldn't mind if you were likewise infracted, for slurring me.

BTW I retract the Indian bias comments, I'm just struggling to find a common denominator between some people who get away with it, and others who don't.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Burgey wins the thread with that one.

It's easy to say "turn the other cheek" or "ignore him, he just wants a reaction" when it's not your daughters that are getting abused.

I will wager £1,000 that the people advocating the "take the moral high ground" line (and I include the moderators in this) don't have kids of their own and therefore don't and can't understand why the issue has bothered Corrin, Burgey and myself so much.

grecian

Anil's got this one, you can easily tell when someone is trolling or being serious. None of the mentioned posters here are very good/subtle at doing it. Ignore or just reply with a :laugh:[/QUOTE]

The point in all this is:

Bun = Sir Alex = Precam = AK.

People know it. It's easy enough to say don't respond to a troll. When that troll is a multi, and people know he's a multi who has posted inflammatory and personal VMs on their wall - some about their families, and it takes 2000 posts for the Mods to get it the **** right, is it any wonder people react?

This is the crap in Fusion's earlier post about the reaction of members to this poster being worse than his posts themselves. Fusion types this as a moderator when he well knows members have been attacked personally and viciously by this one person, and knowing the members in question have raised it with Mods, both on the forum and off it. He also types it knowing the opinion of most Mods for quite some time is that it was AK/ Precam/ Sir Alex, but they didn't want to do anything about it. And I say "didn't want", not "couldn't" because the latter is bull**** - you're the moderators, you could ban the bloke. You didn't want to, simple as that.

Now sorry, but if the bloke made some idiotic point like Tendulkar > Bradman, so be it. But he didn't. The same bloke who under a previous guise as AK did these rank things, is allowed to hang about on here for a year or so and rack up 2,000 posts before someone has the stones to finally say what half the forum has known for ages, and ban him.

I've spoken to Mods - current and former - off these boards, and they've known it's him, but they say they can't "prove" it. Well FMD, if it takes you 2,000 posts to prove what every bastard has known for the better part of a year, then the moderating levels are set to so ridiculous a standard as to render them useless.

So, spare us the softy, softly crap in this instance. I find it pretty disingenuous to read posts from Mods accusing members of reacting in a manner worse than the multi/ troll himself, when the manner in which this person has conducted himself in the past has been utterly appalling, and the Mods themselves have been of the view it is the same person all along, but have been waiting like a 9/11 Truther or Dick Cheney, for the "smoking gun".

Anyway, it's a moot point, isn't it? He'll be back within a fortnight under a new guise. The Mods will be told about it, then do SFA for a year or so while he goes about his business. Off the forum, people will be told by Mods that they know it's him, but "we can't prove it". Those who he's attacked in the past will get the ****s with it, the holier-than-thou crew (including - ridiculously and stupidly, the very Moderators who are refusing to do anything) will say "don't react", "you're worse than he is".

What an unbelievable crock of **** this is.
indeed

Howe_zat

Audio File
Burgey has this. The mods are trying to get everyone to play every post on its own merit, the fact is that's basically impossible when said posts are coming from a person like this.

Those who are claiming some sort of bias in the mod team are completly wrong - the problem stems from there not being enough bias. And not against fans from any country, obviously. There isn't enough bias being applied to users who have acted like ****e in the past, whether under this guise or another.

A perfectly innocuos post coming from Bun isn't going to be that, because quite
a few posters are offended by him simply being here.

Each post is going to have a different effect on forum atmosphere and quality of discussion depending on who it's from as well as what's literally being said. So if you want to take enforcing the "forum atmosphere" seriously as a rule, you need to apply punishments accordingly.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Also, "just ignore the trolls" isn't valid either, because a) there are always going to be less well seasoned forumers who aren't up to date with the ettiquette and b) when someone decides to respond to a troll by laughing at them, quipping at them or insulting them, it's done with exactly the same contempt as ignoring them. People aren't going to agree on what's a dismissive dig and what's an insult.

Flem274*

123/5
Let me clarify one thing: you guys are quite happy for us to ban multis on subjective evidence?

Because I would be very interested to know who Dhonisgland belongs to, and believe me we have some suspicions.

grecian

Also, "just ignore the trolls" isn't valid either, because a) there are always going to be less well seasoned forumers who aren't up to date with the ettiquette and b) when someone decides to respond to a troll by laughing at them, quipping at them or insulting them, it's done with exactly the same contempt as ignoring them. People aren't going to agree on what's a dismissive dig and what's an insult.
Yes, the man has no taste in music, and I'll hate him to my dying day for it, but he's right here.

I'm king of the ignore trolls it's what they want thing, but in this case it just doesn't work when someone takes over threads.

grecian

Let me clarify one thing: you guys are quite happy for us to ban multis on subjective evidence?

Because I would be very interested to know who Dhonisgland belongs to, and believe me we have some suspicions.
Not really, but has has been mentioned many times before in this thread, Bun was disruptive enough anyway, the fact he was a multi, and so clearly was trolling & baiting should really be secondary. How he lasted nearly 2000 posts is a disgrace.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

And "bun=smellycurry" who posted racist crap around?