Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Posts

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    It's a veritable Pandora's box of punnage opened right there.
    I ulysees what you did there.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Heef with the Midas touch in this thread, it would seem.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Completely derailed it though, so it's a Pyrrhic victory for him.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Aeneid a few more puns. I've Virgilly run out of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Yeah, so the report function is pointless then really. And judging by some people's feelings on the customer service when they do send an e-mail to the moderators, I feel like it would be a Sisyphean task.
    Not really, the point of the function is to attract the attentions of the mods to posts you think need dealt with.

Comes back to how visible infractions are. I still see no reason why an infraction should be between the mods and the infracted poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Completely derailed it though, so it's a Pyrrhic victory for him.
    Win or lose, it sparta the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Not really, the point of the function is to attract the attentions of the mods to posts you think need dealt with.
    I disagree that the sole intention of the function is to attract the attention of the mods. It also exists to ensure an avenue exists for censure without anyone resorting to slanging matches on the forum - which the current set up fails to achieve.

Anyway, it's all Greek to me.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Is it possible to come up with a system whereby we all ignore the suspected Precam multi and hope he gets bored and goes away? I know it could be difficult informing everyone of this (and possibly unfair if its not), but when there's a fair degree of certainty maybe just saying nothing to him at all will have the desired effect.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Is it possible to come up with a system whereby we all ignore the suspected Precam multi and hope he gets bored and goes away? I know it could be difficult informing everyone of this (and possibly unfair if its not), but when there's a fair degree of certainty maybe just saying nothing to him at all will have the desired effect.

The cap of invisibility won't work I'm afraid as their are plenty of denizens to quote him, and upheld his views.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    The cap of invisibility won't work I'm afraid as their are plenty of denizens to quote him, and upheld his views.
    Yeah, that's true. I was thinking it might be difficult to not hear from him at all. Don't want to jump the gun...but it's possible there's another one out there already (or two counting the other mentioned earlier perhaps).
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 29-09-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    The mods could always try and apply the forum atmosphere clause consistently and give bans to posters who are only here to troll.

I got a month for being a **** during the England-India series; how on earth Shivfan avoided one for his constant trolling or how a blatantly antagonistic user like Bun avoided the same punishment is beyond me.

The mods could always try and apply the forum atmosphere clause consistently and give bans to posters who are only here to troll.

I got a month for being a **** during the England-India series; how on earth Shivfan avoided one for his constant trolling or how a blatantly antagonistic user like Bun avoided the same punishment is beyond me.
    Yep, it does smack of an oddly partizan view, often it may look like a person is a particular Gorgon amongst us, but it becomes irrevelant when they're just being a troll anyway, they almost seem to be defended because they're not pre-cam, oh the irony, but that seems to forget their post are inflamatory ****e, whomever they may be.

Mind you, you deserve banning as did gimp, (for being a biased prod ****, and a tiresome plastic scouser) but for reasons other then this, both of you need to have all those bans rescinded.

Previous incarnations had said really vile stuff, how can you ban people for rebelling against people that you thought, and were proved right, about them. It's really poor.
    Last edited by grecian; 29-09-2011 at 04:53 PM.

I've previously all but pointed out on the open forum that I agree with this (minus the specific examples). It's something I think the mod team would be very willing to take on board if we felt we had the support of the wider community to just start turfing less good posters who are a net loss to discussion here, but we'd need a lot of faith which I don't think we really have at the moment.

However - and I don't mean to pick him at all here - a good counter-example to this idea is flibbertyjibber. He's someone I would have forum-atmosphere-banned a little bit after he first arrived, but the more lenient system we have allowed him to get a few infractions (and a light ban IIRC?), figure out how the community worked and improve his posting. Now I wouldn't dream of banning him as he's a valued part of the forum.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I've previously all but pointed out on the open forum that I agree with this (minus the specific examples). It's something I think the mod team would be very willing to take on board if we felt we had the support of the wider community to just start turfing less good posters who are a net loss to discussion here, but we'd need a lot of faith which I don't think we really have at the moment.

However - and I don't mean to pick him at all here - a good counter-example to this idea is flibbertyjibber. He's someone I would have forum-atmosphere-banned a little bit after he first arrived, but the more lenient system we have allowed him to get a few infractions (and a light ban IIRC?), figure out how the community worked and improve his posting. Now I wouldn't dream of banning him as he's a valued part of the forum.

Bollox, Bun was never a valued member of the forum, he was like Omm, constantly inflammatory, that's the comparison you need. Personally would rather flibbertyjibber got banned then 27 buns remained, which they have.

Answer my post PRince, why are people being punished for calling a spade a spade.

Haha they actually got banned now though
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information