• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reporting Posts

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you want a response, don't use the report function; email us instead and outline your problem. We don't argue with members over email but if they have an issue we'll endeavour to give the best explanation we can should they email us.
Yeah, so the report function is pointless then really. And judging by some people's feelings on the customer service when they do send an e-mail to the moderators, I feel like it would be a Sisyphean task.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, so the report function is pointless then really.
Only if you demand a reply. A lot of the time people don't need one.

And judging by some people's feelings on the customer service when they do send an e-mail to the moderators, I feel like it would be a Sisyphean task.
If someone sends an email to us that isn't just argumentative, we will respond to it. Sometimes it takes us a few days but we always do. Unfortunately we have a few members here who will respond to our responses ad infinitum with circular arguments so eventually we do have to stop replying in those cases. I certainly don't imagine we'd have to stop replying to you, though.

grecian

I think I've made my feelings on the subject pretty clear.

Thing is there's still one very obvious Precam multi already in situ and another who (my lawyers have advised me to say) one suspected very strongly who copped a ban before Bun did.
Ahh, that's the way he works though, one, at least, already here, then he allows the established one to go mental, after its too ovious that it's him.

It would almost be admirable if trolling wasn't the most pointless, and least life-affirming existence in history, including solicitors.

Last edited by a moderator:

fredfertang

Ahh, that's the way he works though, one, at least, already here, then he allows the established one to go mental, after its too ovious that it's him.

It would almost be admirable if trolling wasn't the most pointless, and least life-affirming existence in history, including solicitors.
I'd take offence at that, were it not the case that it's true

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, so the report function is pointless then really. And judging by some people's feelings on the customer service when they do send an e-mail to the moderators, I feel like it would be a Sisyphean task.
Quality, not enough mythological references around IMO.

grecian

My best friend is a solicitor, was born in Plymouth, supports United, and is ginger. He asked me to be best man at his wedding, I declined of course, FFS.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not really, the point of the function is to attract the attentions of the mods to posts you think need dealt with.

Comes back to how visible infractions are. I still see no reason why an infraction should be between the mods and the infracted poster.

HeathDavisSpeed

Not really, the point of the function is to attract the attentions of the mods to posts you think need dealt with.
I disagree that the sole intention of the function is to attract the attention of the mods. It also exists to ensure an avenue exists for censure without anyone resorting to slanging matches on the forum - which the current set up fails to achieve.

Anyway, it's all Greek to me.

Son Of Coco

Is it possible to come up with a system whereby we all ignore the suspected Precam multi and hope he gets bored and goes away? I know it could be difficult informing everyone of this (and possibly unfair if its not), but when there's a fair degree of certainty maybe just saying nothing to him at all will have the desired effect.

grecian

Is it possible to come up with a system whereby we all ignore the suspected Precam multi and hope he gets bored and goes away? I know it could be difficult informing everyone of this (and possibly unfair if its not), but when there's a fair degree of certainty maybe just saying nothing to him at all will have the desired effect.

The cap of invisibility won't work I'm afraid as their are plenty of denizens to quote him, and upheld his views.

Son Of Coco

The cap of invisibility won't work I'm afraid as their are plenty of denizens to quote him, and upheld his views.
Yeah, that's true. I was thinking it might be difficult to not hear from him at all. Don't want to jump the gun...but it's possible there's another one out there already (or two counting the other mentioned earlier perhaps).

Last edited: