Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    It's a joke that Corrin and I can get lengthy bans for affecting forum atmosphere whilst Bun was given almost free reign to wreck the joint. This is completely unrelated to the fact that he's Precam, but it's a been a pattern with problematic users for a while now.

Indeed, can't say I'm terribly excited about the banning, just means it will all start up again.

I particularly will enjoy the mealy-mouthed "don't victimize >obvious pre-cam multi<, it's bullying, there's no proof", followed by >obvious pre-cam multi< playing up his victim status by saying, "I was going to leave, but I won't now, because I'm standing up to the bullies".

Then the inevitable banning after he's destroyed most discussion, wonder who'll cop a ban for stating the bleeding obvious next time, odds-on Furball, I guess.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    as far as i can tell our only option is to ban all new posters for the foreseeable future. Just as well too. This place just isn't cliquey enough.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I think I've made my feelings on the subject pretty clear.

Thing is there's still one very obvious Precam multi already in situ and another who (my lawyers have advised me to say) one suspected very strongly who copped a ban before Bun did.
    Last edited by four_or_six; 29-09-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Pleeeeeeeease don't accuse members of being multis
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Yes, I understand that James. However - and I'm not professing to have the answer here - you need to do something about this. You ask people to report posts rather than respond, but unless people know their issues are at least vaguely being dealt with then you will end up having the issues you've had recently with long term members losing their temper. I honestly think it'd be better if you notify the reporting poster if their report results in an infraction. The default position being no response = no infraction. Blunt, but better than right now.

I know you can only act if you have evidence, but people have known for ages that some of these multis are the same regular offender; yet that account has only had the occasional slap on the wrist despite regular trolling. It may sound harsh, but it makes you all look a little naive - though I know that not to be the case.
    If you want a response, don't use the report function; email us instead and outline your problem. We don't argue with members over email but if they have an issue we'll endeavour to give the best explanation we can should they email us.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Do you respond to any post reports at all? I know you can't respond to all of them, but do any get a response?
    I think we have contacted members in exceptional circumstances about their reports.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If you want a response, don't use the report function; email us instead and outline your problem. We don't argue with members over email but if they have an issue we'll endeavour to give the best explanation we can should they email us.
    Yeah, so the report function is pointless then really. And judging by some people's feelings on the customer service when they do send an e-mail to the moderators, I feel like it would be a Sisyphean task.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Yeah, so the report function is pointless then really.
    Only if you demand a reply. A lot of the time people don't need one.

And judging by some people's feelings on the customer service when they do send an e-mail to the moderators, I feel like it would be a Sisyphean task.
    If someone sends an email to us that isn't just argumentative, we will respond to it. Sometimes it takes us a few days but we always do. Unfortunately we have a few members here who will respond to our responses ad infinitum with circular arguments so eventually we do have to stop replying in those cases. I certainly don't imagine we'd have to stop replying to you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I think I've made my feelings on the subject pretty clear.

Thing is there's still one very obvious Precam multi already in situ and another who (my lawyers have advised me to say) one suspected very strongly who copped a ban before Bun did.
    Ahh, that's the way he works though, one, at least, already here, then he allows the established one to go mental, after its too ovious that it's him.

It would almost be admirable if trolling wasn't the most pointless, and least life-affirming existence in history, including solicitors.
    Last edited by four_or_six; 29-09-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Editing quoted post

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Ahh, that's the way he works though, one, at least, already here, then he allows the established one to go mental, after its too ovious that it's him.

It would almost be admirable if trolling wasn't the most pointless, and least life-affirming existence in history, including solicitors.
    I'd take offence at that, were it not the case that it's true

Yeah, so the report function is pointless then really. And judging by some people's feelings on the customer service when they do send an e-mail to the moderators, I feel like it would be a Sisyphean task.
    Quality, not enough mythological references around IMO.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

My best friend is a solicitor, was born in Plymouth, supports United, and is ginger. He asked me to be best man at his wedding, I declined of course, FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Quality, not enough mythological references around IMO.
    yeah the achilles heel of the forum obviously......

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    yeah the achilles heel of the forum obviously......
    I bet it took a herculean effort to come up with that one.

It's a veritable Pandora's box of punnage opened right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    It's a veritable Pandora's box of punnage opened right there.
    Nah, it's only a Trojan Horse brought into this thread to derail it, IMHO.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information