• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Server Issues: 26th - 27th Aug 2011

Rich2001

International Captain
On behalf of Cricket Web, I would like to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused as a result of issues that arose from the launch of our new server on 26/27th Aug 2011.

As with all new initiatives that we undertake, the intention behind the server upgrade was to improve on our users’ experience with us. I am truly sorry that the new server, with its early technical problems, has instead caused much aggravation for many of you. We make no excuses for our failure to deliver an acceptable level of online service.

We have committed full resources to resolving the server problems and have made significant progress in rectifying many of the defects. We will continue to relentlessly pursue all other outstanding issues. An in-depth investigation as to how the issues that arose is well underway, and we are treating this with utmost importance.

At Cricket Web, we strive to put our users at the centre of everything we do. I am well aware that there is a wide range of website options to choose from, and thus, am grateful that you have continued to support us. We do not take this for granted.

Thank you for your continued patience during this period. I know that you have high expectations of us, and we failed to meet those expectations. On behalf of Cricket Web, I offer our unreserved apology, and pledge to win back your confidence.

Cricket Web

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So is the new server working? Because the site looks just the same. I was hoping for a ***eh new look and all.

Rich2001

International Captain
So is the new server working? Because the site looks just the same. I was hoping for a ***eh new look and all.
Yep it was just the server that powers the site that was swapped out - no new look just yet, but with all the new power under the hood you should hopefully notice a much quicker loading of pages, less server downtime and less of an impact during busy spells.

For me and the site, by the way.
When the design team comes in for the site, I'll get them to give you the once over too!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
is there a way we can get choice of skins etc? I see that on so many other boards, though not cricket related...

James

Cricket Web Owner
is there a way we can get choice of skins etc? I see that on so many other boards, though not cricket related...
Not at this stage. We don't plan on making any forum changes until we're able to plan and execute a move to vBulletin 4.