• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A plea for non-discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You missed the Greatest Ever Indian batsman thread,imo.

Clear discrimination to Bagapath.:dry:

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't know where else to put this, but there are a lot of "extreme" threads in CC at the mo.

Best 'keeper/ batsman
Best Australian quick
Worst ever umpiring decision
Best catch ever
Greatest ever ODI innings.
Best ever Ashes series

They've been made by a number of different usernames too, in recent times. What is the reason for this phenomenon? Anyone know?
What do you mean? We've never had these type of threads before

Fusion

Global Moderator
I really don't get the complaints about these threads tbh. It's not like you're forced to open them and then read/reply. As new members sign on to the site, they will invariably start these type of threads, regardless of whether they've been discussed before or not. There are obviously some members that find them interesting enough to post in them. If you're not psyched about them, then just ignore them. What harm are they causing?

Flem274*

123/5
To expand on Fusion's point, I argue us posters who have seen it all before should use it as motivation to raise a new discussion, rather than expecting a completely new member to do so.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To expand on Fusion's point, I argue us posters who have seen it all before should use it as motivation to raise a new discussion, rather than expecting a completely new member to do so.
I really don't get the complaints about these threads tbh. It's not like you're forced to open them and then read/reply. As new members sign on to the site, they will invariably start these type of threads, regardless of whether they've been discussed before or not. There are obviously some members that find them interesting enough to post in them. If you're not psyched about them, then just ignore them. What harm are they causing?
Sorry I have to spell this out, but since two mods have raised the same point, I feel obliged to clarify.

I don't mind people raising these things again, and I don't believe new members hould be put down for doing so either.

My point is a number of these threads are raised by members whom I suspect are not new at all, and in some cases (though by no means all) are in fact the same person.

The structure of the posts, the cadence of the language etc, make this apparent to me. I may well be mistaken, but there we go.

I had hoped my oblique reference to "different user names" might have twigged it, but tbf it was extremely oblique.

@ Cevno - Bagapath plainly not falling within those to which I'm referring.

Spark

Global Moderator
You're all well within your rights to have suspicions and all, but we're not about to ban people on hunches. That's all I'm saying on the matter, and that's probably where it should end. You all know how we feel about multi discussions.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You're all well within your rights to have suspicions and all, but we're not about to ban people on hunches. That's all I'm saying on the matter, and that's probably where it should end
So there won't be any IP checks?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There might, there might not, it's not your concern.
Haha, need help climbing down from that pedestal?

If there aren't IP checks made, the moderators aren't doing their jobs. Which might be business as usual. Or it might not.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Odds on this thread being closed by the end of today? Site 'discussion' doesn't seem an appropriate name for this subforum anymore.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
IMO, posters should be banned as soon as they become suspicious. Nobody ever suspects anyone of being a BoyBrumby or Top_Cat multi; two random, excellent posters from the top of my head. Would make the forum a better place. Multis only become suspicious because of ****, anatagonising posting/trolling. Some might say Blaze18 is an example of the contrary but actually his posting was a lot like another famous multi.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't realise Burgey named names.
He named threads which, as a legal man, I'm sure he'd know is tantamount to the same thing.

However his point is well made, one suspects a particular recidivist has been riding roughshod over the "no multis" rule for a couple of years now.

The fact I don't need to name him is a damning indictment, etc, etc...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can name you four unbanned accounts that I would bet a bollock are all the same person, the person you are no doubt referring to. No doubt there are more as well. I won't name them of course, but Brumby's point is well made.

Flem274*

123/5
IMO, posters should be banned as soon as they become suspicious. Nobody ever suspects anyone of being a BoyBrumby or Top_Cat multi; two random, excellent posters from the top of my head. Would make the forum a better place. Multis only become suspicious because of ****, anatagonising posting/trolling. Some might say Blaze18 is an example of the contrary but actually his posting was a lot like another famous multi.
If we actually did that, CW would be Godwined by the entire internet within a fortnight.

Uppercut posts a lot like PEWS, especially when he first joined. By your logic, we could have banned him.

Status
Not open for further replies.