• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - 26th August

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone else still getting the 'server down' message on their iPhones? Or does anyone have any tips of how to do a ctrl+F5 on the iPhone?

Rich2001

International Captain
Is anyone else still getting the 'server down' message on their iPhones? Or does anyone have any tips of how to do a ctrl+F5 on the iPhone?
You could try clearing the history in the phone as a result when it loads Cricket Web the next time it wont have any details stored for quicker loading, so should in theory look to the new site.

Here's how to do it if you dont already know:-

1. Click the main button to go to the iPhone's home screen. Scroll around until you see the "Settings" application, and press on that application to start it.

2. Scroll until you see "Safari" in the settings menu and click on it. To delete it, press the "Clear History" button at the bottom of the screen.

3. A prompt will appear asking if you're sure. Hit "Yes" to completely delete your iPhone Internet history. Remember that once you've deleted the history, there's no way to get it back, so if there are any websites that you need to remember, bookmark them in Safari before clearing your history.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I\'m having to use a proxy IP to get on; if I don\'t I just get the maintenance message.

Tried clearing my history and CTRL+F5\'d til my fingers were raw and bloody.

It\'s the same with Firefox & IE too.

Rich2001

International Captain
I\'m having to use a proxy IP to get on; if I don\'t I just get the maintenance message.

You can try this and see if it helps.

Clear your internet history via your browser.

Open the Command Prompt from the start menu.

Type ipconfig/dnsflush

Press enter.

It should say something like sucessful, completed etc

Then clear your history again just to make sure then come back to Cricket Web and see if it lets you in, if not just pound the Ctrl + F5 for a few goes and then just keep clicking on the website logo / home link (saves your fingers ;) ) and that should sort you out.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having problems getting on Cricketweb.net?

Just get Rich2001 to write a long post!

James

Cricket Web Owner

Cheers. :)

Just seemed to right itself when I clicked on CW again tho. Crisis over in any event.
Good to hear :)

Just like to say a public thanks to Rich for all his help over the past 12 hours in helping with the server move. We've both been non-stop at the computer trying to get the site back up and running as quickly as possible, and without Rich's help it wouldn't have happened as quickly as it has.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Couple of issues:

1) some threads are inaccessible (e.g. Last Man Standing: 2011 AFL Season, get an error message saying 'too many redirects')
2) some threads are possible to open, but empty when you open them (e.g. Hurricane's 'after a ban' thread)
3) accessing the main page gave my antivirus a fit, said it had blocked a 'malicious script' called 'add_bookmark.js'

I'm using Chrome on Windows Vista.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Couple of issues:

1) some threads are inaccessible (e.g. Last Man Standing: 2011 AFL Season, get an error message saying 'too many redirects')
2) some threads are possible to open, but empty when you open them (e.g. Hurricane's 'after a ban' thread)
3) accessing the main page gave my antivirus a fit, said it had blocked a 'malicious script' called 'add_bookmark.js'

I'm using Chrome on Windows Vista.
1. That's working ok for me. Can you re-try?
2. That's working ok for me as well. Can you re-try?
3. I'll investigate this further and report back.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1 & 2 work now. Weird.

To clarify, the 'main page' I alluded to was the front page of the website with articles and stuff, not the forum.

Rich2001

International Captain
Couple of issues:

3. I'll investigate this further and report back.
1 & 2 work now. Weird.

To clarify, the 'main page' I alluded to was the front page of the website with articles and stuff, not the forum.
That's intresting I had a very simalar issue a while back - happened everytime i logged on for a while after chatting to James about it he said to grab a screenshot of it - surprise surprise it never came back - at the time I put it down to one of the auto generated ads as they change often but don't honestly know.... does it happen everytime you load the site or just that one off?

James

Cricket Web Owner
1 & 2 work now. Weird.

Thanks for reporting back. Good to hear 1 & 2 are working now.

In regard to 3, that script is no longer used anyway, and not sure why it's being reported as a virus but I've removed it.

cpr

International Coach
judging by the last two pages, the way to fix a problem is write a post in here, and the system corrects itself before you can gather evidence of the issue :)

Rich2001

International Captain
judging by the last two pages, the way to fix a problem is write a post in here, and the system corrects itself before you can gather evidence of the issue :)
Seems that way doesn't it! Maybe we could go from Tech Support to Life Support see if that works too :laugh:

On the positive side the new server seems to have bedded in nicely and the reports show all the visitors are hitting the new one now so hopefully shouldnt have any more problems, but if you do lets us know.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I saw a database error message a few times in the past 3 hours or so.. It is only now that I have been able to login. One time, it was even a proper error message on the forum layout.

James

Cricket Web Owner
We've had severe issues unfortunately over the past 4 hours, and and just starting to be able to get on top of them.