• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Points System

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I propose the following - that you should be able to start a thread which is a question.

Whoever answers your question the best you should be able to give them full or partial marks for their answer. And they would get CW points based on how you rated their response. To keep it simple you can only award one respondent full marks and multiple respondents partial marks. As soon as someone is awarded full marks you can't award any more partial marks.

I reckon it would lead to higher quality responses to questions and better conversations -

One person once asked who is the fastest bowler you have faced?
One person said Geoff Thompson - clearly he should been rewarded for this answer as there are few people quicker (if anyone)

Or in the coaching forum - how do I bowl a leg cutter
Someone could post an informative response and be rewarded.

What say you?

cpr

International Coach
Considering we get 0 points at the moment for posting utter rubbish, and would be rewarded 0 points for posting utter rubbish as replies in these threads, how will it improve post quality?

Flem274*

123/5
I think what Hurricane refers to are rep points. Another forum I use has rep points and I like them, since it's always a nice fuzzy feeling to get a point or two with a comment next to it. Narcissists like myself can't get enough of them.

I'll point James in the direction of this thread and we'll see what he thinks.

Flem274*

123/5
Here's an example of how they work;

Me in a politics thread on Bradley Manning surrounded by angry people said:
However you want to spin it, condemning someone like they have (and tbh he's getting some very special treatment. I don't see your average suspect cop what he's getting) goes against "innocent until proven guilty."

And I'm finding it very amusing this man is a apparently traitor for exposing the Granai airstrike and that other video. I'm more worried about the US murdering innocents in a country they shouldn't be invading in the first place.
rep comment to me said:
Beautifully put. Thank you.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Without wishing to sound dismissive, what exactly would the points be for? Do we really need a thumbs-up counter to tell us what's a good post and what isn't?

It's already common practise to say so if you think someone's made a good post.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon it would lead to higher quality responses to questions and better conversations -

One person once asked who is the fastest bowler you have faced?
One person said Geoff Thompson - clearly he should been rewarded for this answer as there are few people quicker (if anyone)
Surely in this example, all rep points would have to be removed for the poster on a cricket forum spelling not one but both of Jeff Thomson's names wrong?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More examples of the messages that can be left on rep points:

(that last one was both truly bizarre and not unique, as it turned out somewhat had spammed those all over the place)
TBF, the Kraps observation was a pretty astute one. :ph34r: It hadn't occurred to me.