• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Points System

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Surely in this example, all rep points would have to be removed for the poster on a cricket forum spelling not one but both of Jeff Thomson's names wrong?
Only half his points would be removed. He'd only lose them all if he'd said Derek Pringle.

Flem274*

123/5
Surely you've missed out the 2759 comments calling you a terrorist liberal sympathizer?
:laugh:Nah, not really. Well there were people who disagreed, but it's an excellent forum, so they disagreed without wishing to cut my head off.

More examples of the messages that can be left on rep points:

(that last one was both truly bizarre and not unique, as it turned out somewhat had spammed those all over the place)
Haha wtf? I've never, ever, been spammed via rep comments.

cpr

International Coach
....and that is in a nutshell how the rep system will really work.

It takes a mature atmosphere for such a system based on trust and understanding to prosper. We have OT.

Spark

Global Moderator
:laugh:Nah, not really. Well there were people who disagreed, but it's an excellent forum, so they disagreed without wishing to cut my head off.

Haha wtf? I've never, ever, been spammed via rep comments.
Slightly wild kind of forum. Those are rare, though. Had to go back quite some time to find them. Mostly they're the "good post, agreed" or "yeah, you tell him!" kind.