• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Deleting threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When a thread such as that tripe that appeared in Cricket Chat today is closed, why is it not also deleted? Is this a policy decision or is it a fear of screwing the post count and corrupting the data base which used to happen on older forums?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I dunno but I'm gutted it was closed as I had a picture of Jon Bon Jovi ready to post

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I usually only delete when it's a spam-bot. Since this wasn't, I just closed it. It's not any kind of policy or database reason.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope the reasoning was clear enough for the original poster. I don't think we need to go down a route of discussing who the troll might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.