• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This site infected?

GGG

State Captain
This site infected? I need to upgrade windows/ie but I got one of those nasty virus that warns you that your computer is infected and you need to purchase their crap around the same time I was visiting this forum last week, so I brought NOD32 and just now I got this

09/05/2011 22:57:16 HTTP filter file http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js?v=383 HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

Maybe a coincidence and the above is a false positive ....

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for letting me know.

I'll have a chat to our hosts and see what they say.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I've been meaning to write this but twice at work (We have PC there, I have Mac at home) the computer crashed from a virus as soon as I went on Cricketweb.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Sometimes when I log into cricketweb on my home laptop, my virus protection warns me that the site could potentially have some threats and that I should preceed with caution.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Any screenshots you could provide would be much appreciated.
I'm at school at the moment but I'll be able to provide some screenshots when I get home.

I also recently changed my virus protection from Norton to Spyware Doctor ( I think that's the name anyway ). The message came up when I was using Norton, I'm not sure if the warning will show with the new protection.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It was a really stupid virus too. It came on and hid the program that we use to run the cash register database. Was a bit of a disaster for a while. I'm fairly sure it was from CW too

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I've been meaning to write this but twice at work (We have PC there, I have Mac at home) the computer crashed from a virus as soon as I went on Cricketweb.
Mine did yesterday too. Had to get the IT blokes to fix it. Came up with some Windows Recovery box - you know, click this to repair these problems. Didn't obviously, called the IT guys who confirmed it was a bug.

Spikey

i use windows and don't use virus protection and my PC is fine. admittedly i use NoScript and AdBlock (sorry!) so that might be protecting me.

Burgey

i use windows and don't use virus protection and my PC is fine. admittedly i use NoScript and AdBlock (sorry!) so that might be protecting me.
Well, isn't that like a form of online free-balling?

Spikey

Yeah I guess, but then I am a fan of free-balling ;)

Tbh as long as you're half smart you'll be fine without virus protection. imo anyway. i stopped using it 'cause i've had it for years and never had a problem with viruses, but the virus protection programme could hog the system. So I got rid of it, and I'm still fine. NoScript does a fine job with the internet stuff anyway. If you decide to download a program without researching it and you get a virus that's your own fault tbh

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mine did yesterday too. Had to get the IT blokes to fix it. Came up with some Windows Recovery box - you know, click this to repair these problems. Didn't obviously, called the IT guys who confirmed it was a bug.
Yeah exact same thing at my work too.

Burgey

Yeah I guess, but then I am a fan of free-balling ;)

Tbh as long as you're half smart you'll be fine without virus protection. imo anyway. i stopped using it 'cause i've had it for years and never had a problem with viruses, but the virus protection programme could hog the system. So I got rid of it, and I'm still fine. NoScript does a fine job with the internet stuff anyway. If you decide to download a program without researching it and you get a virus that's your own fault tbh
Everyone should be a fan of free-balling tbh.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had exactly the same thing last Friday

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting. Last week at work I came back from a meeting and the IT guys were taking my computer away as there was a virus that threatened to whole network on my PC. I know I check nothing but facebook, CricketWeb and cricinfo at work and couldnt for the life of me figure out what was going on. This maybe explains it.

Spikey

I've gone off and googled 'clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js?v=383' and there's a couple more threads about this else-where

did y'all start getting this warning around the time of the DOS attacks? pretty coincidental imo.

but what do i know