• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Sub-forum

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think the IPL should have a sub-forum.

I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea, but at the end of the day it is a long tournament involving many international players. There is a lot to discuss with the event, which IMO is too big for a single thread.

Other events that aren't even cricket related get their own forum (and rightfully so, due to their scale and interest), so I think it's fair enough if the IPL gets one.

Finally, if the bloody Cricket Web Forumer World Cup, which never even took place, gets a sub-forum, the IPL should. :ph34r:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every other form of cricket > IPL

If IPL deserves its own subforum, so does county cricket and Sheffield Shield at least.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If the quantity of posts in the Sheffield Shield deserves its own sub-forum, then fair enough. But I don't see how the decision to make a sub-forum should be determined by the fact that some people don't like T20 or franchise cricket. It should be determined by interest and quantity of posts, not subjective tastes.
Should every match have its own thread though? No IMO.
No, but is that the criteria for a sub-forum?

Team discussion (there are now 10), discussion about trades and individual player performances etc.

This is a cricket forum. If other sport tournaments get a sub-forum, and honestly, if a simming game that never occured, gets its own forum, a cricket tournament involving the biggest names in the world and results in a lot of discussion, both for and against due to its controversial nature, deserves one.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Every other form of cricket > IPL

If IPL deserves its own subforum, so does county cricket and Sheffield Shield at least.
Regardless of quality, the IPL will be popular and there will be a lot of discussion about.
It's also viewable whereas County Cricket and the Sheffield Shield are.

I'm in favour of the subforum, one thread in Cricket Chat isn't enough IMO and a subforum would prevent Cricket Chat being clogged up and annoying people like Heef :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd say have one inside CC like the predictions league

I'd keep up with the IPL more if there were multiple threads and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Honestly, with the size of the forum now I think we are outgrowing tour threads. Need subforums for more major events, not just the Ashes and global tournaments. IMHO of course.

Anything that generates more discussion is surely a good thing?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes the fact that every match can be watched in most countries is another factor. Good point Marcus.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd say have one inside CC like the predictions league

I'd keep up with the IPL more if there were multiple threads and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Honestly, with the size of the forum now I think we are outgrowing tour threads. Need subforums for more major events, not just the Ashes and global tournaments. IMHO of course.

Anything that generates more discussion is surely a good thing?
Yep. I'd imagine a sub-forum of India's tour of England will occur.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just dug that thread tbh

Think we need special mods just for that series tbh. I nominate me and Furball.

HeathDavisSpeed

If other sport tournaments get a sub-forum, and honestly, if a simming game that never occured, gets its own forum, a cricket tournament involving the biggest names in the world and results in a lot of discussion, both for and against due to its controversial nature, deserves one.
Harping back to the epic disaster that is the Forumers Cricket World Cup without slagging off Cribb is hardly going to earn you my support.

I think subforums are overused as it is, personally. Less subforums, less Jono.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the idea and the feedback everyone.

I tend to agree with the sub-forum, but I'll see what other people think before putting it in place.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are mods allowed to change the names of threads? If so we could maybe have two threads in the subforum, apart from the trade and team discussions, one for the 16:00 game and the other for the 20:00 game. Can be renamed before every game if its not too much of a hassle.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If the quantity of posts in the Sheffield Shield deserves its own sub-forum, then fair enough.
The last 2 IPL threads had less than 4,000 posts each. In the grand scheme of things that's not that many really (4 of the 5 Ashes Tests alone had that many or more posts)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The last 2 IPL threads had less than 4,000 posts each. In the grand scheme of things that's not that many really (4 of the 5 Ashes Tests alone had that many or more posts)
4000 in total? Wow didn't know the interest was that low.