• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bring Back PM's

Cloete

International Captain
PLEASE!!!!!

I don't mind not having the e-mail and MSN buttons there. But please bring back PM's. I really don't care if my PM Inbox gets spammed because i can easily delete them. But the amount of uses they serve is unbelievable. Especially for WCC. Please bring them back :). I'm sure people can live with getting spammed a bit(and i only really got 2 spam PM's ever!!) but have the service of PM's.

I ask you guys to seriously re-consider :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thing is Cloete, we've managed without them in this trading period, and although you may not mind the spam, it does increase the bandwidth...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Umpire Money - we have been considering re-enabling Private Messaging again but haven't because of the likely hood of people spamming through them again.

As Marc said it increases bandwidth and provides even more work for the CW Team in checking what's going through the system.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James said:
Umpire Money - we have been considering re-enabling Private Messaging again but haven't because of the likely hood of people spamming through them again.

As Marc said it increases bandwidth and provides even more work for the CW Team in checking what's going through the system.
So its pretty safe to say that PM's wont be back?

James

Cricket Web Owner
To be honest Simon very few people have actually complained about it so we haven't thought greatly about bringing it back.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James said:
To be honest Simon very few people have actually complained about it so we haven't thought greatly about bringing it back.
Ok fair enough.
I havent really missed it, but when it was there i was getting or sending 3 or 4 per day, seems they were just a waste a time :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, there's egg and bacon; egg, sausage, and bacon; egg and SPAM;
egg, bacon, and SPAM; egg, bacon, sausage and SPAM; SPAM, bacon,
sausage, and SPAM; SPAM, egg, SPAM, SPAM, bacon, and SPAM; SPAM, SPAM,
SPAM, egg, and SPAM; SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, baked beans,
SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, and SPAM; or lobster thermidor aux crevettes with
a mornay sauce garnished with truffle pate, brandy, and a fried egg
on top and SPAM.

PY

International Coach
Everyone likes Monty Python's SPAM :D

Or is it Harry Enfield? Memory is dying :(

Craig

World Traveller
They are handy if you get somebody to sign up and want to give them the run down on how things go around here without actually making a post.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
luckyeddie said:
on top and SPAM.

Craig

World Traveller
Hey howcome the e-mail icon part isnt shown when it gives me the opition of it in my profile?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
At risk of being repetitive...

Neil Pickup said:
Originally posted by luckyeddie
on top and SPAM.