• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Regarding forum on mobile

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I use tapatalk to browse other forums, and it's an awesome app. Would be great to get CW working with it actually. Right now I just use the browser on the iphone, which works fine, but it's not as great as tapatalk.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Makes it much easier than a browser to go through forums, make edits...it's designed for the smartphone so it's much more readable and it gets rids of all the crap that you don't want on a small screen so no zooming in/out...etc. You can have it ignore signatures/profile pics to make it faster to read through threads and posts. And zooming in and out is a pain on the browser, because you have to do it constantly. Replying, quoting, and performing other functions (I think you can do all the mod functions too) is also easier than in a browser.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It makes the site really accessible if you browse the forum on your phone. I think it's free and simple to implement too. The app itself costs 2.99 IIRC for users.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No way is this gangster going to pay 3 clams to go on CW.

You clowns should be paying me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So the solution to all problems on CW should just be to charge 3 clams to post? :p

On a serious note, I wonder what % of CW users are mobile browsers? I wonder if James has stats for that.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the suggestion Ikki :)

This application seems to have major security issues though that people are talking about on other forums and that's happening today. So it doesn't sound like the best bet to install it on CW. At least for the moment anyway. I'll look a bit more into it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Edit - I was reading the date wrong on another forum where they're talking about security flaws, it was 08/03/2010! Not 08/03/2011!