• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infraction Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hi mods,

No intention of discussing who did what in here. Just a request, probably for James or Cribb I guess.

Now I appreciate that all infractions or warnings are accompanied by an email. However if posters don't check their email a lot that might not be a whole lot of use. Is there any way an infraction can display as a notification in the top corner in the same way as a VM does.

Now I don't plan on benefitting from this much (and I have just linked my hotmail account to my phone anyhow) but it might be useful. Warnings & infractions could be pretty worthless if a poster continues posting the same things for a few days without realising they were warned/infracted and winds up getting a ban.

This is something GingerFurball mentioned in the other thread but I felt it deserved a thread of its own.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh yeah, sorry for using the webmail service with more subscribers than all the others put together, I must be really behind the times :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Okay - any particular reason? Obviously if that's the case then fair enough, but I think notifications for infractions would be very helpful to both members and mods.

And you'd have a whole new avenue to send me those messages of love you like to push my way,

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, AWTA. I didn't realise that I had "receive emails from administrators" set to "no", so I didn't realise I'd got my first infraction for about a week.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's a good point and we've talked about that. Members do need to know as soon as possible that they've been infracted. However, aside from PMs, I don't think that is possible unless we leave it on people's profiles - which would be public.

Fusion

Global Moderator
From what I understand, they were used here once before and were immediately spammed into oblivion by spam bots.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
When we were testing the system and andyc gave me an avatar infraction (:-O) the message went straight to my spam.

I did VM a couple of people early on when we were using the system, and let them know they could delete the VM if they wanted. I don't know if this would work, or whether other members would leave baiting messages on the VM after the mod to try to get a reaction. That sometimes happens in threads after mod warnings.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
From what I understand, they were used here once before and were immediately spammed into oblivion by spam bots.
Sorry my post was badly worded. I just meant what would be the problem with them being set so only mods can send them?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sorry my post was badly worded. I just meant what would be the problem with them being set so only mods can send them?
Like SS, I didn't even know that was possible. If it is, then I'm not sure why James is against it. I'll try to get an explanation.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm not sure if that's possible or not Fusion. I'm happy to investigate and find out whether it's possible or not though.

I'll go searching now and see what I can find :)

If people aren't checking their email though, then surely that's not our problem though, but I do agree, we could make it easier.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I
If people aren't checking their email though, then surely that's not our problem.
What tripe. This suggests that you don't want people to alter their posting behaviour but would prefer them to continue posting as they did when infracted and inevitably lead to a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.