• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infraction Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Must be odds on that Marjorie is the root cause of this then - at your age you really should know better than to go trawling on Plymouth Hoe impersonating a former West Indian off spinner
It was Florida (and I doubt that Majorie was her real name either, I don't believe anyone is really named Marjorie). No one goes on Plymouth Hoe other than to pose in the spot where the Beatles sat in 1965.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway enough of this merry potentially infraction inducing banter. I was just offering up the suggestion that if someone is banned and only finds out nearly a month later by chance then the system might not be entirely fit for purpose, as per the thread title. It only really takes into account people who spend time most days using the forum.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Didn't you once say you'd never come back if you ever received a ban?

Don't get me wrong, I find the fact that you've returned to be an absolutely coruscating development. But er....have a bit more self respect.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't you once say you'd never come back if you ever received a ban?

Don't get me wrong, I find the fact that you've returned to be an absolutely coruscating development. But er....have a bit more self respect.
Good point. Bye. See you in the next life brother.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good point. Bye. See you in the next life brother.
But, as we have already established, strictly speaking you have never received it, so no need to do an epic flounce.

And anyway the forum is an infinitely more entertaining place for your "Lack of respect for, insulting, or harassment of other members" - you're so much better at that than, for example, sledger

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a search and couldn't find what I was looking for so thought I'd bump this thread as the closest fit to my question.......

So I received what I consider to be a very dubious 5 infraction points yesterday. What is the correct protocol here if you want to discuss it with the Mod and state your case?? I don't particularly want to do it in the public forum but will if that's is the preferred way (I doubt it would be though)

The email detailing the "offence" is a no reply email address so I can't respond to it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had a search and couldn't find what I was looking for so thought I'd bump this thread as the closest fit to my question.......

So I received what I consider to be a very dubious 5 infraction points yesterday. What is the correct protocol here if you want to discuss it with the Mod and state your case?? I don't particularly want to do it in the public forum but will if that's is the preferred way (I doubt it would be though)

The email detailing the "offence" is a no reply email address so I can't respond to it.
Best way is to start an angry thread in site discussion attacking Sir Alex, weldone, Bun, hb and Pigeon

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adders, what was the infraction for? I think your posting has been exemplary.

I know you're meant ot contact the mods via email, but truth will out in these circumstances. Tell us, tell us all about it, because #freedom.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the interests of transparency, I have been requested by the Moderators to disclose that the following posters have all received 20 infraction points and are therefore banned:

Flem
Cevno
Teja
PheonixFire
Clapo
Shri
Athlai
BoyBrumby
Blaze
vcs
Spikey
Upper****
Ikki
NZTailender
cpr
SirBloodyIdiot
Kylez
Himannv
Spark
Hurricane
Kiwininja
Howe_zat
Adamc
Biased Indian
Can't believe I left migara off this list. Appalling oversight.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Adders, what was the infraction for? I think your posting has been exemplary.

I know you're meant ot contact the mods via email, but truth will out in these circumstances. Tell us, tell us all about it, because #freedom.
Ok I will........but if you're planning on acting on my behalf and defending me, I need to tell you now I can't afford $500+ GST per hour!!

The infracted post was this.......

No......way too many batsmen between him and The Don for him to be considered "close"

Now piss off.......we're talking about food here.
This was a reply to welldone and was 100% a joke with no malice intended. If I had said it to one of our more esteemed members no one would have batted an eye lid, yet because of who it was said to I've copped 5.

Surely these ribbing posts (which I think makes CW great ftr) are either acceptable or they are not, they can't be tolerated amongst some group of members and not others.

I've copped the odd infraction in my time here and for the most part were justified..........but Im really not happy about this one.

I request a rethink!!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Ok I will........but if you're planning on acting on my behalf and defending me, I need to tell you now I can't afford $500+ GST per hour!!

The infracted post was this.......

This was a reply to welldone and was 100% a joke with no malice intended. If I had said it to one of our more esteemed members no one would have batted an eye lid, yet because of who it was said to I've copped 5.

Surely these ribbing posts (which I think makes CW great ftr) are either acceptable or they are not, they can't be tolerated amongst some group of members and not others.

I've copped the odd infraction in my time here and for the most part were justified..........but Im really not happy about this one.

I request a rethink!!
I really think the mods have broken the system by handing out infractions when you say certain things to one particular member, versus saying those same things to anyone else.

They've just made that one person even less likeable than before. He's some sort of protected species now who can go around making bad posts and ruining threads and everyone has to tolerate it or cop a ban for calling him out.

Like, Shri was stinking up the place a while back with that 'fam' nonsense and detailed recollections of his masturbation habits, but we could all call him a **** for it and it was fine. He took it in his stride and and it was funny and everyone got likes and 'fam' actually became a thing for a while.

Just because a certain member can't handle that sort of banter, doesn't mean we need to go out of our way to protect him and his **** posting. He can either stop posting ****, or learn to deal with being called out on it.

I guess what I am saying is...job welldone mods.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really think the mods have broken the system by handing out infractions when you say certain things to one particular member, versus saying those same things to anyone else.

They've just made that one person even less likeable than before. He's some sort of protected species now who can go around making bad posts and ruining threads and everyone has to tolerate it or cop a ban for calling him out.

Like, Shri was stinking up the place a while back with that 'fam' nonsense and detailed recollections of his masturbation habits, but we could all call him a **** for it and it was fine. He took it in his stride and and it was funny and everyone got likes and 'fam' actually became a thing for a while.

Just because a certain member can't handle that sort of banter, doesn't mean we need to go out of our way to protect him and his **** posting. He can either stop posting ****, or learn to deal with being called out on it.

I guess what I am saying is...job welldone mods.
I think this post has shown we're not going to be able to have a discussion about this without people just using it as an excuse to complain about one of the members, so I'm going to close this thread.

Adders, if you'd like an explanation for any infraction you've received you can email moderators@cricketweb.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.