Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Infraction Notifications

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    From what I understand, they were used here once before and were immediately spammed into oblivion by spam bots.
    Sorry my post was badly worded. I just meant what would be the problem with them being set so only mods can send them?
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I don't know if that is possible - Cribb would know?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Sorry my post was badly worded. I just meant what would be the problem with them being set so only mods can send them?
    Like SS, I didn't even know that was possible. If it is, then I'm not sure why James is against it. I'll try to get an explanation.

I'm not sure if that's possible or not Fusion. I'm happy to investigate and find out whether it's possible or not though.

I'll go searching now and see what I can find

If people aren't checking their email though, then surely that's not our problem though, but I do agree, we could make it easier.
    Last edited by James; 04-03-2011 at 03:29 PM.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I
    If people aren't checking their email though, then surely that's not our problem.
    What tripe. This suggests that you don't want people to alter their posting behaviour but would prefer them to continue posting as they did when infracted and inevitably lead to a ban.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    What tripe. This suggests that you don't want people to alter their posting behaviour but would prefer them to continue posting as they did when infracted and inevitably lead to a ban.
    Sorry, re-read my above post which I edited. I submitted it by accident without having finished it off, and you obviously read it before the edit went through.

Apologies.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Sorry, re-read my above post which I edited. I submitted it by accident without having finished it off, and you obviously read it before the edit went through.
    Ah yeah, that does read quite differently now. I would say that in order for this infraction system to be successful, it does assume that people know they've been infracted. I think Corrin's idea that mods only can send PMs would be a great way to do things - assuming it's possible; and assuming it can be driven by the system rather than expecting mods to send a personalised PM for every infraction.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I'm not sure if that's possible or not Fusion. I'm happy to investigate and find out whether it's possible or not though.

If people aren't checking their email though, then surely that's not our problem though, but I do agree, we could make it easier.
    Yeah, but if you don't have the "receive emails from administrators" option checked in your profile, then you don't get an email. And unless the mod infracting you is kind enough to leave a message on your wall, then you'll only discover the infraction by fluke.
    ​63*

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    When we were testing the system and andyc gave me an avatar infraction () the message went straight to my spam.

I did VM a couple of people early on when we were using the system, and let them know they could delete the VM if they wanted. I don't know if this would work, or whether other members would leave baiting messages on the VM after the mod to try to get a reaction. That sometimes happens in threads after mod warnings.
    I don't get why that's an issue.

If people are deliberately baiting someone who's sailing close to the wind with regards to getting a ban, then surely you should be able to a) stop that, b) warn/infract people who are guilty of baiting and c) use some common sense and show a bit of leniency if the poster in question does rise to the bait?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar

mine s set to the cricketweb email thing and I have forgotten my password... Can one of you guys just reset my email to my userid here at gmail dot com?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    mine s set to the cricketweb email thing and I have forgotten my password... Can one of you guys just reset my email to my userid here at gmail dot com?
    You can do that yourself actually through your "User CP"

You'll need to confirm your account again once you've done that.

You can do that yourself actually through your "User CP"

You'll need to confirm your account again once you've done that.
    juz came off doing that juz now.. for some reason never noticed it in the CP.. Thanks still

If you can be a dear and get my cricket mail account working again, it would be even better.

juz came off doing that juz now.. for some reason never noticed it in the CP.. Thanks still

If you can be a dear and get my cricket mail account working again, it would be even better.
    No worries at all.

What's wrong with your Cricket Mail account?

No worries at all.

What's wrong with your Cricket Mail account?
    Haven't checked it in years.. forgot my password and forgot the security answers too, I think.. Anyway all the emails and stuff be fwded to the new email id I have added here?

Haven't checked it in years.. forgot my password and forgot the security answers too, I think.. Anyway all the emails and stuff be fwded to the new email id I have added here?
    Contact me via email and I'll sort you out

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information