• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Infraction Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What tripe. This suggests that you don't want people to alter their posting behaviour but would prefer them to continue posting as they did when infracted and inevitably lead to a ban.
Sorry, re-read my above post which I edited. I submitted it by accident without having finished it off, and you obviously read it before the edit went through.

Apologies.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry, re-read my above post which I edited. I submitted it by accident without having finished it off, and you obviously read it before the edit went through.
Ah yeah, that does read quite differently now. I would say that in order for this infraction system to be successful, it does assume that people know they've been infracted. I think Corrin's idea that mods only can send PMs would be a great way to do things - assuming it's possible; and assuming it can be driven by the system rather than expecting mods to send a personalised PM for every infraction.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm not sure if that's possible or not Fusion. I'm happy to investigate and find out whether it's possible or not though.

I'll go searching now and see what I can find :)

If people aren't checking their email though, then surely that's not our problem though, but I do agree, we could make it easier.
Yeah, but if you don't have the "receive emails from administrators" option checked in your profile, then you don't get an email. And unless the mod infracting you is kind enough to leave a message on your wall, then you'll only discover the infraction by fluke.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When we were testing the system and andyc gave me an avatar infraction (:-O) the message went straight to my spam.

I did VM a couple of people early on when we were using the system, and let them know they could delete the VM if they wanted. I don't know if this would work, or whether other members would leave baiting messages on the VM after the mod to try to get a reaction. That sometimes happens in threads after mod warnings.
I don't get why that's an issue.

If people are deliberately baiting someone who's sailing close to the wind with regards to getting a ban, then surely you should be able to a) stop that, b) warn/infract people who are guilty of baiting and c) use some common sense and show a bit of leniency if the poster in question does rise to the bait?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm not sure if that's possible or not Fusion. I'm happy to investigate and find out whether it's possible or not though.

I'll go searching now and see what I can find :)

If people aren't checking their email though, then surely that's not our problem though, but I do agree, we could make it easier.
mine s set to the cricketweb email thing and I have forgotten my password... Can one of you guys just reset my email to my userid here at gmail dot com?

James

Cricket Web Owner
mine s set to the cricketweb email thing and I have forgotten my password... Can one of you guys just reset my email to my userid here at gmail dot com?
You can do that yourself actually through your "User CP" :)

You'll need to confirm your account again once you've done that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You can do that yourself actually through your "User CP" :)

You'll need to confirm your account again once you've done that.
juz came off doing that juz now.. for some reason never noticed it in the CP.. Thanks still :)

If you can be a dear and get my cricket mail account working again, it would be even better. :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
juz came off doing that juz now.. for some reason never noticed it in the CP.. Thanks still :)

If you can be a dear and get my cricket mail account working again, it would be even better. :)
No worries at all.

What's wrong with your Cricket Mail account?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No worries at all.

What's wrong with your Cricket Mail account?
Haven't checked it in years.. forgot my password and forgot the security answers too, I think.. Anyway all the emails and stuff be fwded to the new email id I have added here?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everytime you hand out an infraction why don't you just give the person being infracted a VM saying 'Please check infractions' or something.

Problem solved.

bagapath

International Captain
have i got any infraction points? not that i want any. but would not know if i got them even if you had sent me.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Surely any sane person who incurs infraction points is fully aware that they're posting in a style likely to do so. It's not as if new random rules like reciting Ibethic Pantanza without a license are introduced on a daily basis to attempt to catch people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.