• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Rule Changes including Introduction of Infraction System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Suggestion - James or anyone else with admin duties should set up a subforum in the mod's forum so that anytime someone's infracted (assuming it's the same system that was there when I was a mod) it creats a thread in that subforum, in the same sort of way the reported post subforum works.
This has already been established. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think infractions are a good move and personally don't see it as a crackdown. I don't think I'd have found myself banned last summer if we'd had a points system and can think of other similar instances in the past. I remember sledger getting a 6-month ban in December 08. A lot of us thought it was way overboard as the thread he created was just a joke. If infractions had been in place, his offence wouldn't have got him enough points for even a 7-dayer I'd have thought BUT had he already had x amount of points he might not have bothered to make that thread (this is sledger we're talking about though, so you can't be sure). As such, it benefits both sides as far as I can see.

I agree that a level of consistency has to apply, if that means I can't call Burgey a **** out of the blue then so be it but I would imagine there is still room for playful digs etc. I mean if I found myself infracted for calling Australia a joke country or something, that would be a bit sad, IMO, unless I just decided to start a thread saying it. If that makes sense?

Good move, anyway.
Post reported.

Craig

World Traveller
If it wasn't for the banter on this site, I probably wouldn't even visit anymore. I don't have the time or energy anymore to read countless pages in any SRT, Ponting etc. thread, with people who have made it their life's work to win the internets. So Benchy, Shri, and GI Joe call me a ****, I call them one back, in a very light hearted manner. ripper tries to bag me out for being a cyclist and all that, and I also find the banter that goes on between Benchy and Jono, and GIMH and Burgey.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well personally I don't see myself ever getting sick of reading SRT v Ponting or SRT v Lara or SRT v Bradman or SRT v Warne or SRT v Hobbs or SRT v SRT and I don't see how anyone could tbh

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If it wasn't for the banter on this site, I probably wouldn't even visit anymore. I don't have the time or energy anymore to read countless pages in any SRT, Ponting etc. thread, with people who have made it their life's work to win the internets. So Benchy, Shri, and GI Joe call me a ****, I call them one back, in a very light hearted manner. ripper tries to bag me out for being a cyclist and all that, and I also find the banter that goes on between Benchy and Jono, and GIMH and Burgey.
I think people are confusing banter with just cursing at each other. You can do the former, without resorting to the latter.

It's like sledging in cricket, the best ones are funny quips with maybe just a hint of truth that's fun for the audience to hear. Everyone likes that. The stuff you don't want to hear, or at least don't care about, are all the '**** you and **** that', which is the type of witless banter that doesn't really enrich anything, and of course does not fit with the family atmosphere (as well as giving new members wrong ideas).

I will say that the once the system goes live people will see that what they fear doesn't really come to pass - the banter will still be there. And no system is set in stone, we are making these changes due to feedback. If and when we get additional feedback, I'm sure we'll make more.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
On the subject of stuff one doesn't care about - maths equations on the forums should be considered a violation of the EPO rule.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Craig, if I'd known that's whats keeping you on here, I'd have stopped a long time ago. :(
:ph34r:

archie mac

International Coach
Bit surprised we need this new system, I think the forum in fine shape and still the best on the net. Still if the Mods think it best, I would like to take a wait and see position:)

Anyway still don't think there should be a permanent ban for anyone, surely a year is long enough:)

Shri

Mr. Glass
So will the members who are banned now be allowed to return when the new system comes into action? Or will the old bans stay in effect?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit surprised we need this new system, I think the forum in fine shape and still the best on the net. Still if the Mods think it best, I would like to take a wait and see position:)

Anyway still don't think there should be a permanent ban for anyone, surely a year is long enough:)
Not really, there's plenty of examples of members who have had returned from bans of that length (6-12 months) only to fall back into those same habits which saw them banned previously.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really, there's plenty of examples of members who have had returned from bans of that length (6-12 months) only to fall back into those same habits which saw them banned previously.
And spammers etc.

So will the members who are banned now be allowed to return when the new system comes into action? Or will the old bans stay in effect?
Definitely stay in effect. No way Rodgie's coming back anytime soon.

archie mac

International Coach
Well than ban them for another year:unsure:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Ummmmm, I may not be a moderator, but usually someone who has been banned for a year had been banned once or twice at least before they got the year-long sentence. Should they get infinite chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.