• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Rule Changes including Introduction of Infraction System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I agree on the banter getting over the top on many occasions ,specially in the cricket related forums ,even in OT when serious topics get derailed.

There is a small line between Banter and fun and real stupidity and of no use name calling and posts which a are a waste of bandwith and that was crossed a few times during the recent busy period.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, we can add infractions but it wasn't official - it was just a way to track what we did, and we didn't really use it all that much (that might have been one of the few times I've used it to be honest).
So I was on the track list.:unsure:

Btw, can i get it removed now that it has been 3 years?

I mean it always shows up on my profile.:dry:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Will the record of how many points we are on be somewhere for all of us to see?
No, only yourself and moderators will be able to see your points. So there will not be opportunity for people to look round for people almost at ban-level and bait them. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think infractions are a good move and personally don't see it as a crackdown. I don't think I'd have found myself banned last summer if we'd had a points system and can think of other similar instances in the past. I remember sledger getting a 6-month ban in December 08. A lot of us thought it was way overboard as the thread he created was just a joke. If infractions had been in place, his offence wouldn't have got him enough points for even a 7-dayer I'd have thought BUT had he already had x amount of points he might not have bothered to make that thread (this is sledger we're talking about though, so you can't be sure). As such, it benefits both sides as far as I can see.

I agree that a level of consistency has to apply, if that means I can't call Burgey a **** out of the blue then so be it but I would imagine there is still room for playful digs etc. I mean if I found myself infracted for calling Australia a joke country or something, that would be a bit sad, IMO, unless I just decided to start a thread saying it. If that makes sense?

Good move, anyway.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
The way I understand it is that this is an auditing system for the moderators to make life a lot easier. Another forum I visit (not cricket), they have a similar system.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Another plus is that often you might make a post, then a mod quotes it and warns you but it's a big thread that you don't bother checking again. It's a lot harder to miss infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.