• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Rule Changes including Introduction of Infraction System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just a thought, given the fact that infraction points seem to be hidden, is the Ban thread going to remain active. As if this infraction system is hidden, and not transparent whatsoever, it seems that it's pointless to implement it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just a thought, given the fact that infraction points seem to be hidden, is the Ban thread going to remain active. As if this infraction system is hidden, and not transparent whatsoever, it seems that it's pointless to implement it.
The man raises an interesting point about transparancy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The person who is infracted can see it.
I'm sure they can, but I was under the impression that the new system was (partly) being brought in to make it clear when people were warned for their conduct and so on, and to prevent debate and controversy from ensuing in the event of a ban. The only way I can see this working effectively is if it is transparent and obvious for all to see, if it just further shrouds in mystery forum disciplinary problem then the idea seems to be somewhat counter-productive.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sure they can, but I was under the impression that the new system was (partly) being brought in to make it clear when people were warned for their conduct and so on, and to prevent debate and controversy from ensuing in the event of a ban. The only way I can see this working effectively is if it is transparent and obvious for all to see, if it just further shrouds in mystery forum disciplinary problem then the idea seems to be somewhat counter-productive.
I think it's more a case of clarity for the person being warned, rather than for everyone else. With the infractions, the person being warned can clearly see when/why/what for.

A major issue with making all infractions open is that it could end up with people who are nearly at a ban getting baited. As Fusion mentioned, we still intend to use the 'ban announcements' thread, so ban reasons should still be clear to people.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The post which receives the final infraction could be linked to as an example?
I don't like the idea but it's a suggestion

Fusion

Global Moderator
The post which receives the final infraction could be linked to as an example?
I don't like the idea but it's a suggestion
I think we can mention the list of infractions that cumatively led to a banning. For example, "Member X was banned for avoiding the swear filter, trolling, and discussion of piracy".

Furball

Evil Scotsman
AWTA

z

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A major issue with making all infractions open is that it could end up with people who are nearly at a ban getting baited. As Fusion mentioned, we still intend to use the 'ban announcements' thread, so ban reasons should still be clear to people.
I recognise your point here, but this is surely an instance of "you can't have your cake and eat it". You can't be both transparent and hope to skirt over the above problem if you wish to invoke this sort of infraction system.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I recognise your point here, but this is surely an instance of "you can't have your cake and eat it". You can't be both transparent and hope to skirt over the above problem if you wish to invoke this sort of infraction system.
The introduction of the infraction system is not just about being transparent. In far as transparency goes, I think the main thing is that people can see how many infraction points they have, so a ban doesn't come out of the blue. And as well as this, the system should increase consistency of moderation by standardising our response (obviously there is still room for bias, but the number of infraction points for a certain offense and the length of bans is now the same). It also enables us to respond to issues more quickly, especially given we are moderating across time zones. And I hope people can see so far that it's not about us continually infracting people left, right and centre - it's just a different way of managing what we were already doing.

I'd be interested to know why people want to see other poster's minor (non-bannable) infractions. I'm not really sure what it adds. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CBF making a separate thread, but why wasthe Tendulkar was a Ball Tamperer thread shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.