• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James

Craig

World Traveller
What has happened to my avatar? I really liked having Matt Geyer as my avatar. And I notice some people dont have theirs.

Rich2001

International Captain
Craig said:
What has happened to my avatar? I really liked having Matt Geyer as my avatar. And I notice some people dont have theirs.
I'll answer for James

As stated in the forum annoncments about a week ago the use of copyrighted images is a breach of copyright laws so unless you got permission to use that image from the owner/site etc then you can't use it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: James

Rich2001 said:
I'll answer for James

As stated in the forum annoncments about a week ago the use of copyrighted images is a breach of copyright laws so unless you got permission to use that image from the owner/site etc then you can't use it.
I trust you got permission for yours Rich? ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: James

marc71178 said:
I trust you got permission for yours Rich? ;)
Look iam a Kent media machine!!!! - Iam paying for it by going around promoting Kent and their players like mad :lol: (If you didn't work it out, it's from the Kent site ;) )

Anyhow James said he thought it was ok, but I'll probley change it soon anyway just to be on the safe side.

masterblaster

International Captain
How come this has surfaced as of now. I mean, its been fine otherwise since i've been here.

I know its an infringement of copyright, but...it i suppose its hard to get snaps of cricketers and/or cricket board logos or flags!!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I always thought that images used as avatars on forums were not part of copyright laws...

I mean you go to most forums and u can use pretty much anything as an avatar...

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
I always thought that images used as avatars on forums were not part of copyright laws...

I mean you go to most forums and u can use pretty much anything as an avatar...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This Masterblaster is your reason. James, Andre, Myself + others all thought it was fine as long as it was on a forum..However James wantted to make sure so he asked a few people in postions that would know and he was told that it wasn't allowed.

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
I guess guys if your not happy, if you can find any solid evidence backing this up not just hear-say, then James would probley be willing to allow any image back, obviously only James can answer that though.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh GUESTS!!!!

Um, ever since we changed the layout there seems to be so many damn guests, all viewing the main forum. Would this be mistake or is this really happening?

:O

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh GUESTS!!!!

Mr. Ponting said:
Um, ever since we changed the layout there seems to be so many damn guests, all viewing the main forum. Would this be mistake or is this really happening?

:O
Nope that's happening alright - You obviously wasn't here a few months back. Basically it's search engines sending out little robots (as such) to scan websites so to keep their information updated.

Probley be here no longer than a week

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah rich thanks for clearing that up. All those guests were starting to make my head spin.:duh: :rolleyes:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
I guess guys if your not happy, if you can find any solid evidence backing this up not just hear-say, then James would probley be willing to allow any image back, obviously only James can answer that though.
Na mate im cool with it, I just thought thats how it was...
:D :D :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh GUESTS!!!!

Mr. Ponting said:
How exactly does it affect you?! ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh GUESTS!!!!

marc71178 said:
How exactly does it affect you?! ;)
His trying to work out if he is still drunk as he thought he was seeing double (or a few more depending when he was on ;) ) :lol:

Craig

World Traveller
I have a suggestion, for avatars, Cricket Web could make up a gallary full of cricket ones, since this is a cricket forum that people can use.

Some forums have them (other sporting ones).