• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ideas

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1) Have a like button at the bottom of posts - so I can express my agreement with good posts without having to write "good post" which always seems awkward.

2) I want a notification sent to my public messages everytime that certain posters make a post so that I can follow what they have to say. e.g. poster xyz has just made a post in thread X

Flem274*

123/5
Number one is covered on other vBulletin forums with rep points. Seem to remember James or someone high up saying they weren't keen on them though.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2) I want a notification sent to my public messages everytime that certain posters make a post so that I can follow what they have to say. e.g. poster xyz has just made a post in thread X
That'd be great, especially when said poster realises you're following them and posts 1000 times in a day so you get that many message notifications.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That'd be great, especially when said poster realises you're following them and posts 1000 times in a day so you get that many message notifications.
With people like Bruce Campbell around to follow it is worth the risk.

Have you never had a poster who you wanted to follow?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Still want a tick that shows you've posted in a thread previously, tbh. When older threads get dug up I'm forever having to use the search feature to see if I've ventured forth on the topic.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Still want a tick that shows you've posted in a thread previously, tbh. When older threads get dug up I'm forever having to use the search feature to see if I've ventured forth on the topic.
Change your subscription settings. Subscribe to every thread that you've posted in, but with no notifications.

cpr

International Coach
On our works forum (yes, it really is that sad, a communal place for revenue staff to gripe, its like watching One Foot In The Grave on repeat), there is a feature that lets you know if there has been a post in a thread between you starting typing your post and pressing submit, thus giving you a chance to modify what your posting based on the current flow of the conversation (or, for the more moderate post whores, not actually replying at all if someones already answered the query)

Is this available in VB? Forgot to check who the forums are supplied by at work.... If so, think it'd be a decent idea to neaten up some of the faster moving threads, keeping the topic flowing better and maybe reducing frivilous posts

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah if I knew that someone had posted something before I had I might delete what I had written. Sometimes if I am making an important post I open up a new browser window and check the thread to see if anyone else has responded.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it's not quite the same, but wouldn't it be easier (compared to using the search feature) to click on the number of replies which then shows you how many posts you've made in a particular thread.