• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bots

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anybody know why we're getting a ****load more of them? Usually they only spam the ICC forum, but now they're going into CC as well.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't say I've noticed anything too different than normal. Maybe us mods are just doing a ****tier job at deleting them.

The big thing for mine is that they're not always easy to spot; sometimes they'll sign up, make a few posts that sort of make sense, but aren't advertising anything, and then a day later there's suddenly a link in their sig.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think there are any more of them, but they do seem to be posting in less random parts of the forum now. They don't start new threads as much as they seem to be hitting popular threads more regularly rather than ICC, Gaming threads etc, so the mods sometimes don't spot them straight away.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're coming back again....worse they're posting in actual threads now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, dunno why but there's an absolute explosion of them at the moment. Frustrating as hell.

Just keep on reporting them, guys, and we'll get around to them as quickly as possible. :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I personally found the instructions on breast feeding and baby wrapping highly relevant to the Ashes threads.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez, that's a mental amount.

Only really noticed them today, tbf, but have seen a few. Coupla times two spambots have "posted" in the same thread, guess that's not coincidence?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Only really noticed them today, tbf, but have seen a few. Coupla times two spambots have "posted" in the same thread, guess that's not coincidence?
No idea really, I'm trying out various vbulletin features out to try and prevent them.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've deleted all the off topic rubbish off this thread, and am closing it as we have now resolved the multiple bot registrations.

In regard to abuse whether it is of a joking nature or not. It isn't clear to all which way it is directed and if carried on with, it will result in warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.