• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Searching

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Can one of the mods give some pointers on searching...half of my searches don't work because the popular words get dropped out of the search phrase.

Also how can you search within one thread for all the posts by a certain user.

Also how can you find someones first ever post.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tip on searching: don't use the search function.

You can search for first posts by a user by doing show results in ascending order.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can one of the mods give some pointers on searching...half of my searches don't work because the popular words get dropped out of the search phrase.

Also how can you search within one thread for all the posts by a certain user.

Also how can you find someones first ever post.
Have no idea about the first, as I rarely use the search function.

For the second, when in (for example) the cricket chat forum, beside the thread you want to view the posts for, first click on the number of replies which brings up a list of the number of posts in that thread for each user. Then simply find the user who you want to see the posts for, and click again on the number of posts they've made and it should show you all the posts by that user in that thread. (hope that makes sense, in a hurry!)

What benchmark said for the 3rd point.