• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WOW...This website need a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Threads can't be made about AUS rapid decline ?

Is this a pro-aussie website or something ?

No room for open debate and exchange of opposing opinions ?

Whats the point of having a forum if everyone has to agree ? Whynot just have one member /

kingkallis

International Coach
There are many many threads open where you surely can discuss your point. If its about Australia, why dont you use the Australia in India 2010 thread?

Lets go there and bash some Aussies, eh?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This is not a pro-australia website. But i do understand your frustration mr.illoveric, i didn't see a need to close your thread TBH.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Moving this to the Site Discussion forum as it’s more appropriate here. You can have a constructive dialogue regarding any topic on CW. Threads that are created just to incite and provoke (or descend into such behavior) will certainly get closed. The thread you created was not going to produce any meaningful debate, and hence was closed.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the start of the thread was pretty much average, but had then moved to some much improved debate - if it had to be closed, shouldn't the lock have been put on after 5 posts?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The thread was closed not because of the opening topic but the fact that it had descended to, of all things, a Commonwealth Games pissing contest. No-one was taking it seriously.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Threads can't be made about AUS rapid decline ?

Is this a pro-aussie website or something ?

No room for open debate and exchange of opposing opinions ?

Whats the point of having a forum if everyone has to agree ? Whynot just have one member /
:laugh:

Irony much.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes let's close all the threads in CC and leave the Dog Poo that is going in in Tendy Vs. Ponting thread.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Moving this to the Site Discussion forum as it’s more appropriate here. You can have a constructive dialogue regarding any topic on CW. Threads that are created just to incite and provoke (or descend into such behavior) will certainly get closed. The thread you created was not going to produce any meaningful debate, and hence was closed.
No no..I was not trying to provoke at all, I woke up this morning to the news of AUS losing 2-0 easily. I am a West Indian so I know all about slides, and the fact is no one in the current AUS team is standing up.

When compared to WI who had Walsh, Ambrose, Lara, and Jimmy adams who were top class players in the team to stand up to any team. To a lesser extent, WI also had players like carl hooper, chanderpaul (who is now a proven really good player) in it's rankings.

After WI began losing against AUS in 95/96 they did not lose as much Test Series as AUS is currently doing.

WI were still able to beat New Zealand, Ind, Pakistan, Sri lanka, and Eng in the following years. Things didn't hit the fan until SA gave them a 5-0 ass whopping in 1999, and that was the end. Ambrose, Walsh all began to plot their way out lol. Ambrose left, and Walsh remained for the record.

If you look at this AUS team, who is really going to stand up to any opposition in the team ? Marcus North ? Tim paine ? Shane watson ? The squad is weak, and i'm sure things won't be getting any better soon.

Johnson is suppose to be their star and he hasn't done anything since SA.

I think without Match fixing Pakistan could have beaten them, and if WI had Taylor, Edwards, Bravo and a Sarwan batting better WI could have also beaten this AUS squad easily. Chris gayle was able to hold them off in one test and gave them a scare in the other.

Sorry this Morning I had to get ready for school so I wasn't able to express exactly what was on my mind.

Who in AUS rank will revive this team ? Their bowlers aren't the best, Assif, Amir, Steyne, Morkel, Swann, Anderson, Roach etc are all better than anything AUS can produce right now.

To be the best you must have the best players, how long will it take before AUS find the right formula to win ?

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
The formula to winning is simple, for any side, just write "England" under "opposition" on the team sheet and the rest looks after itself.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No no..I was not trying to provoke at all, I woke up this morning to the news of AUS losing 2-0 easily. I am a West Indian so I know all about slides, and the fact is no one in the current AUS team is standing up.

When compared to WI who had Walsh, Ambrose, Lara, and Jimmy adams who were top class players in the team to stand up to any team. To a lesser extent, WI also had players like carl hooper, chanderpaul (who is now a proven really good player) in it's rankings.

After WI began losing against AUS in 95/96 they did not lose as much Test Series as AUS is currently doing.

WI were still able to beat New Zealand, Ind, Pakistan, Sri lanka, and Eng in the following years. Things didn't hit the fan until SA gave them a 5-0 ass whopping in 1999, and that was the end. Ambrose, Walsh all began to plot their way out lol. Ambrose left, and Walsh remained for the record.

If you look at this AUS team, who is really going to stand up to any opposition in the team ? Marcus North ? Tim paine ? Shane watson ? The squad is weak, and i'm sure things won't be getting any better soon.

I think without Match fixing Pakistan could have beaten them, and if WI had Taylor, Edwards, Bravo and a Sarwan batting better WI could have also beaten this AUS squad easily. Chris gayle was able to hold them off in one test and gave them a scare in the other.

Sorry this Morning I had to get ready for school so I wasn't able to express exactly what was on my mind.

Who in AUS rank will revive this team ? Their bowlers aren't the best, Assif, Amir, Steyne, Morkel, Swann, Anderson, Roach etc are all better than anything AUS can produce right now.

To be the best you must have the best players, how long will it take before AUS find the right formula to win ?
:laugh:

Brilliant stuff!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Marcus North is indeed crap & most AUS fan will tell you he should be dropped. Its jsut stupid selection policies that have meant he is still retained. Their are other very good bats in doemstic cricket who can come in such as Hughes, Khawaja, Jaques, Ferguson, Rogers, D Hussey (at a stetch) in some way or the the other. So no worries their really.

Whats wrong with Paine & Watson?,

Johnson has indeed been inconsistent since his breakout series vs SA 08/09. But he reamins top quality. He just took a 5 wicket haul on a flat Indian wicket & for bowler like him who bowls best on bouncy decks - that was top effort. So Johnson is fine.

Windies indeed ran AUS close last home summer. But i saw that more of sign of AUS not playing @ their best rather than anything special for the windies.

PAK could have won @ SCG yea. But not the series however.

No way is Anderson better than all AUS bowlers. In Hilfenhaus AUS have a swing bowler who is proven he can be effective not jsut when the ball is swinging - but on flat pitches too.

Steyn & Swann obviously is the best quick in the world in their respective trades ATM. So no point comparing them to what AUS have.

Johnson & Morkel are pretty much equal

But overall once AUS play a 4-man pace attack in Bollinger/Hilfenhaus/Johnson/Harris or Siddle. That would be easily the best attack in the world for the next couple years.

Plus in the likes of Peter Geroge, James Pattinson, Trent Copeland, Johs Hazelwood, Mitch Starc. Their is an exciting young paceman around sheild cricket currently. WHich argues well for the future. AUS problem is the lack of quality spinner appearing for some years to come.

They can find it & could have found it since 2008. Its the fault of the selectors currently that it hasn't been implemented as yet.

So overall i dont see AUS suffering the same fate as Windies post 96/97. Their is enough encouraging young talent in all departments that will keep them amongsts the best test teams in the world.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
And what did he say that was so provocative ? And if that is so then why is Tendy Vs. Ponting thread still open ?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a thread in Site Discussion, guys. It's not a thread in CC.

ilovecric, if there's an issue with a moderating decision, report the post or email us. Making a thread like this doesn't help, as they inevitably end with people getting angry and the thread being closed.

As far as I can see, PEWS has answered your question of why your original thread was closed, and so this thread doesn't serve much more purpose. If you want to try debating this topic again, make another thread in CC and if you want I can move yours and aussie's posts there.

Yes let's close all the threads in CC and leave the Dog Poo that is going in in Tendy Vs. Ponting thread.
Again, if there's a problem with a thread, report it. As it is, the Tendulkar-Ponting, Warne-Murali etc threads are there to stop those debates taking over from other threads, so that if you don't want to trawl through pages of multi-quotes about Player A vs. Player B, there's only one thread you have to avoid instead of five.

Matt79

Global Moderator
And there was an "official" Australia in decline thread made for precisely that reason as well - ilovecric's post could have been moved there as an alternative. Suggest people go use that thread if they want to make posts with startling insights such as "i've been doing some research and can report that taking Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist, Hayden and Martyn out of a team makes that team worse!!" and otherwise engage in a bit of schadenfreude. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.