• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Problems logging in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Global Moderator
@ GIMH.

Yeah, reporting posts is the answer. I try to read as much of the forum as I can, but I can't physically get through everything, and I know the others are in the same boat. It is very helpful to have posts people find objectionable drawn to our attention with an explanation as to why they think that's the case.

I think part of the frustration for some people, and I think you're one, is that just because you report something doesn't mean we'll agree that it's objectionable or against the rules. There is an option available to everyone here when they find reading someone else's posts annoying or unbearable, but the moderation team doesn't feel that what is being posted merits a ban. Put the person on ignore - if you happen to see something of theirs because they've been quoted, just ignore it and don't get drawn in.

On your final point, yes you haven't specifically named the person in this thread, but it might as well be written in 42pt font in every post you've made on the subject, and you know that everyone in this thread is aware of who you are talking about, so that's not really an distinction that changes what's going on.

I don't want to keep arguing with you in public about this mate, I don't think it's particularly helpful. If you want to drop me an email, happy to discuss further.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Ok, if this thread is just going to devolve into various groups of posters reciting their objections to one another, I'm going to shut the thread, at least for a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.