• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Problems logging in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He's a pretty intelligent poster and was just replying in kind to some of the nonsense that seems to perpetrate threads in CC these days by the same handful of posters.

I got banned myself for getting reeled into that BS but I hadn't read Streetwise actually make a post that deserved getting banned, let alone permabanned.

I'm the kind of poster that generally thinks the lads here have a good head on their shoulders and even took my own bans on the chin knowing I can be an asshole but stuff like this is starting to grate.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Streetwise does deliberately troll at points, I think it would be counter-productive to deny this.

But so do certain others who seem to get off with the odd three-dayer for the same offences.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sigh. Come on guys, this sort of stuff isn't needed.

As for Streetwise, he'd already been banned a couple of times, and it became clear that, even despite warnings since his most recent ban, he had no intention at all in changing his posting style, and so we felt perma was the best choice.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Streetwise does deliberately troll at points, I think it would be counter-productive to deny this.

But so do certain others who seem to get off with the odd three-dayer for the same offences.
I agree but from my experience many of those points were replies to some of the nonsense being spouted the other way that were being treated as legitimate arguments.

As much as you can point to him for having guilt in these quarrels I find it irksome that the posters that are repeatedly starting these exchanges haven't been given the same treatment. Or harsher, since they keep initiating it.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sigh. Come on guys, this sort of stuff isn't needed.

As for Streetwise, he'd already been banned a couple of times, and it became clear that, even despite warnings since his most recent ban, he had no intention at all in changing his posting style, and so we felt perma was the best choice.
Nobody is naming names or slinging mud andy, surely there is nothing wrong with us airing legitimate opinions that a few of us share?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Need to ban more of the people who make those sort of "legitimate arguments". The man was a troll of the highest order. There's no denying he was intelligent, but unfortunately that only manifested in the fact that he managed to stay on so long, not in the "legitimacy" of his arguments.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think if those members were banned you wouldn't see him getting banned like that. I don't think he was a troll from the get-go, I think he just wanted to bother the trolls.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Nobody is naming names or slinging mud andy, surely there is nothing wrong with us airing legitimate opinions that a few of us share?
Just need to be wary of show some people are going to react to what you're saying, victim mentality and all that.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't think he was a troll from the get-go, I think he just wanted to bother the trolls.
By that do you mean he signed up not with the intention to troll but ended up becoming one? I can understand that, but his posting style/personality was lousy from the get go. Whether he intended to or not when he joined, he became a troll.

Matt79

Global Moderator
@ Marcuss - And you honestly don't see the irony of that comment?

Look guys, can only speak for myself and for the discussions with mods I've seen. From that I really don't think anyone gives a monkeys what nationality people are - it's the actual posts they make. In a couple of the instances you're talking about, there were some posts that were swiftly deleted by mods that contributed to decisions.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Personally I think several members - and as it seems to be the fashion, I won't name any names despite it being clear what I'm talking about - need to stop comparing every banning to the non-banning of another member whom the moderators clearly disagree with them about. Undoubtedly the forum will be a better place without Streetwise so instead of using it as yet another excuse to whinge about something else, be happy. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think if those members were banned you wouldn't see him getting banned like that. I don't think he was a troll from the get-go, I think he just wanted to bother the trolls.
I say this freely only now that he's permanently banned - but I'm far from convinced that Streetwise was his first account.

Matt79

Global Moderator
And I disagree with Ikki's assessment that he wasn't seeking to provoke people from the get-go, but was only responding to "the trolls".

Jarquis

Not that irony.
Clarification ?

And Rob, the point people are making is that although the forum is a better place without Streetwise, some people feel that it would be improved by an even greater distance should some other members also be locked in the sin bin for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.