• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A forum for Classic threads.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps we could have a Forum for the Classic threads in the different forums ,so that they can be shifted there once they are over.

For example the battle of the members thread or the battle of the cricketers thread. There are other threads too,both in the CC and OT and even in other forums too.

As it is they get lost beyond the first 5 pages of a forum and then have to be searched for.

It would be a good idea for the forum to be open to visitors too as seeing these classic threads would encourage them to register and also would be a good place to visit these threads ,which are great down the line even for Nostalgia.

This is common feature these days on many forums,and some even have a area for classic posts ,though those are sometimes not so classic without understanding the context of the post in the thread.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just click on my profile, go to statistics then click 'all threads started by GeraintIsMyHero'

Spark

Global Moderator
Black Warrior had made over 700 posts without a topic, until three hours ago - I'm not sure where that would've put him overall but 700 posts without starting a thread seems rather large.
I don't remember making a topic myself and I have 1000+ posts. I'm not a big thread-writer.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon it's a good idea tbh.

Have been thinking of getting the old CW awards up and running again.. What do people think?

Pleaz give you opinions...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes for the CW awards, no for the classic threads forum. Far too subjective, and besides, there's nothing to stop someone from digging up an old thread and having a read/reviving it. But if a thread were to be in the forum, I suppose it'd have to be locked or there'd be a chance it'd just become dire.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Basically impossible to start a humorous thread these days without being branded a spammer anyway itbt.