• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A forum for Classic threads.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Out of interest, anyone know who has the most posts without starting a thread?
Going to call it that I hold that record. I started my first thread at about 1500-1600 posts or thereabouts. That was simply to register my team in the Prem Draft earlier this year. First real thread was my curiousity around The Octopus in the 2010 WC at which point I had nearly 2k posts.

Do I win an award?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What the heck are these awards?
award - 6 dictionary results
a·ward   [uh-wawrd]
–verb (used with object)
to give as due or merited; assign or bestow: to award prizes.
to bestow by judicial decree; assign or appoint by deliberate judgment, as in arbitration: The plaintiff was awarded damages of $100,000.
–noun
something awarded, as a payment or medal.
Law. a.
a decision after consideration; a judicial sentence.
b.
the decision of arbitrators on a matter submitted to them.
a.
a decision after consideration; a judicial sentence.
b.
the decision of arbitrators on a matter submitted to them.
Origin:
1250–1300; (v.) ME awarden < AF awarder, equiv. to a- a-4 + warder ≪ Gmc; cf. OE weardian to guard, ward; (n.) ME < AF, deriv. of awarder

—Related forms
a·ward·a·bil·i·ty, noun
a·ward·a·ble, adverb
a·ward·er, noun
mis·a·ward, verb (used with object)
su·per·a·ward, noun
un·a·ward·a·ble, adjective
un·a·ward·ed, adjective
well-a·ward·ed, adjective

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What the heck are these awards?
Awards, for CC only, used to be given out for:

Best Post (Shahid Afridi Award)
Best Thread (Shane Warne Award)
Funniest Post (can't remember the name)
Worst Prediction (Greigy)
The 'wtf is he on about' award (Inzamam award)

I think there were others although those were the originals. archie mac used to run them, once he stopped being able to do them on a weekly basis they kinda fell apart and every attempt to revive them has fallen down, as far as I can see.

Thing is, given the current state of play in CC an Afridi or Warne would be akin to tonning up against Bangladesh :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Shouldn't the Afridi be awarded to someone who flounces, returns, then flounces again, possibly to re-return? :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
CW awards was fantastic actually. One of the best bits of the forum.

Scary that I completely forgot about them. Time flies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Make sure we don't forget the "At least he's trying"/Agit Agarkar Award. It's the only one I've got a shot at winning :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep. No offence to anyone else but it always worked better with him at the helm.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Archie was awesome, but that sort of attitude is defeatist. I'm sure someone here could do a good job.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The old awards were awesome but there is no sense in crying over spilt milk. Out with the old in with the new.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I didn't say anyone else couldn't do it just that in the past he was always the best