• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The possibility of hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Right. So, now it's been established that Pratters has been hacking into people's email accounts and whatnot, I'm actually seriously beginning to worry about my security on this site, and fear that he might (and may have already) attempt to take some of my details. Is it possible to have a load of my information hidden please? I do not want him to end up with my address or anything, him living not exactly a million miles from me etc...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I might be mistaken but I don't think anyone except the mods can access your email unless you stick it out there.:unsure:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think it's been deemed a non-CW issue, so there won't be much discussion of who did what round here.

I think what is an important question though is how much of our information is available via CW? I don't think there's much can be accessed by bots, hackers etc unless they are on the mod team but I may be mistaken.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Woah wtf, never logging in again :ph34r: Seriously though- don't get hyped up over it it's not worth getting scared... If it happens again I guess THEN CW should take action but otherwise...

Pratters? Wha?

James

Cricket Web Owner
There's no point to this thread except to get at Pratters so I'm closing it. As "Voltman" said, there's no proof at all that this has actually happened.

If further discussion is required on this, email moderators@cricketweb.net

Status
Not open for further replies.