• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Political Advertising on Forum

Jakester1288

International Regular
Not sure how many people are going to pay money for the site. I certainly wouldn't.

It's not like it's the end of the world if CW would shut down on us, either.

pasag

RTDAS
CW ads don't distract from reading content. They are miniscule. The better path imo is to not use ad-block for cw and click if you wish, or just for the sake of it once in a while. Adds to the revenue for the site. I don't even know if James breaks even, he pays for the best servers and it is very costly.

I am part of a forum which has the concept of donations via which members who want can contribute to the site, whatever amount. It can add up collectively. I personally can't think of any negatives of it but some one may. Any way, it is Just an idea. Not my call to make.
From memory the site makes enough from ads to cover costs so donations aren't needed in that sense. If server cost got out of hand, then yeah donations would be the way to go and I'm sure any discrepancy would be covered in no time.

In the past I advocated considering two modes of membership on the site, basic membership for free and then a higher level of membership where you pay an annual fee and receive certain benefits like no ads, PMs, perhaps larger avatars or whatever.

Things do become tricky with tax and business laws and accounting, so might not be worth the hassle with both that and donations.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
From memory the site makes enough from ads to cover costs so donations aren't needed in that sense.
Really? ITSTL. Didn't think the Google ads really made that much money as a general rule. Are there other ads set up on the main site I'm not familiar with?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
From memory the site makes enough from ads to cover costs so donations aren't needed in that sense. If server cost got out of hand, then yeah donations would be the way to go and I'm sure any discrepancy would be covered in no time.

In the past I advocated considering two modes of membership on the site, basic membership for free and then a higher level of membership where you pay an annual fee and receive certain benefits like no ads, PMs, perhaps larger avatars or whatever.

Things do become tricky with tax and business laws and accounting, so might not be worth the hassle with both that and donations.
A say in who becomes a mod?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you pay you should be able to remove one member of the forum

I'd be the first to pay, and pasag would be gone in no time. ****in Blues supporters

:cool:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you deleted everyone who supports a better club than Richmond there'd be noone good left.