• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Private subforum in OT?

pasag

RTDAS
Feel myself not submitting more and more posts these days as I don't want certain things so visibly public. Because of google you just type in the person's name and half yer posts come up which is fairly annoying.

What I'd suggest is a new private subforum in OT called Lord's Lounge where the more personal threads like What Made and Ruined Your Day and the What Are You Thinking Thread can be freely discussed.

Would suggest any poster with 50 posts or more is given access.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I guess that's a good idea. Much better than what I was expecting of this thread.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Feel myself not submitting more and more posts these days as I don't want certain things so visibly public. Because of google you just type in the person's name and half yer posts come up which is fairly annoying.

What I'd suggest is a new private subforum in OT called Lord's Lounge where the more personal threads like What Made and Ruined Your Day and the What Are You Thinking Thread can be freely discussed.

Would suggest any poster with 50 posts or more is given access.
Thanks for the suggestion

If I search your name on Google, nothing on the forum appears, so don't really see your point though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know the first result for my name contains a page with a load of links to this place (N)

ripper868

International Coach
Don't mean to go against you here boss, but i typed saggers name into google...first 3 results were directly linked to this place.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, have a similar experience when I type my name in also. Though tbf I'm not overly bothered about stuff I post these days, would not fancy a lot of the posts I made in my earlier days being leaked anywhere mind you.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Itstl. One of the first links would tell anyone Gelman's height/weight/age etc.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Don't mean to go against you here boss, but i typed saggers name into google...first 3 results were directly linked to this place.
Yeah, but when I do that, they link to the stories he wrote for the front page... which surely he has agreed to put his name to?

pasag

RTDAS
Thanks for the suggestion

If I search your name on Google, nothing on the forum appears, so don't really see your point though.
Click "Show more results from www.cricketweb.net" :p

Anyways, can go on a fair bit about that but don't want to make this about me more than anyone else. What do you reckon James/others?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Click "Show more results from www.cricketweb.net" :p
In which I see the stats you posted for the AFL simulation game...

This was the issue I always had with supplying my real name for CW XI (although my name is as boring as they come, and I'm probably one of 50,000 in the world with that name) but at the end of the day, it's our choice to reveal our identities on the forum and it's our job to understand the consequences around that.

pasag

RTDAS
In which I see the stats you posted for the AFL simulation game...

This was the issue I always had with supplying my real name for CW XI (although my name is as boring as they come, and I'm probably one of 50,000 in the world with that name) but at the end of the day, it's our choice to reveal our identities on the forum and it's our job to understand the consequences around that.
This is a whole other issue. I never wanted my name to be revealed on the forum, someone found out I think back in the snooker days and ever since then it became common place. But that horse has bolted, if I had my time again I would never have told anyone. Am certainly not complaining, that's just the way it is. Certainly not the point of the thread though.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not the point of the thread, but certainly relevant.

Like you say though, it's poor form for anyone other than the poster themself to reveal their name on the forum.