• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Private subforum in OT?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let's put Pasag's surname into the censor.

And let's censor all posts made by SS.

Problem solved.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a whole other issue. I never wanted my name to be revealed on the forum, someone found out I think back in the snooker days and ever since then it became common place. But that horse has bolted, if I had my time again I would never have told anyone. Am certainly not complaining, that's just the way it is. Certainly not the point of the thread though.
Yeah, wish I hadn't revealeed my name. Most stupid username ever :laugh:

cpr

International Coach
I seem to be OK on the username front, and my real name actually. Only when I include the word cricket in the search does it link to here (a birthday thread for cpr and something like dev league for full name)

certainly think stuff like Dev League/Battrick/tennis comp threads should be in a private forum if not already, so people can feel comfortable competiting as themselves in a safe and secure enviroment. I think most people who are regs on here arn't too fussed about other regs knowing their full names, most of us have one or two others on facebook etc (my god, some of us have even met!). But can certainly see the discomfort of details being generally public (ie searching my real name and cricket, the first link on google shows my full name, username and email without having to click through to the site..... oops!)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Searched my name and got a lot of "Grant Burge Cameron Vale Cabernet" responses.

Cheerin'.

andyc

To repost what I'd said in the mod forum earlier, am not too sure where I stand on this. I think that if it were to happen, 50 posts would be enough for it. There's already enough of an intimidating presence for new posters without having to get to 500 before they can post a picture of themselves or talk about how their day went. My only issue is that it'd probably render OT obsolete. Given that a lot of discussion about real life stuff spills over into a lot of the threads in OT, most of the threads and discussion would probably be inside the private forum, and OT itself wouldn't have much in it. Not a big problem per se, but it limits the opportunities for newbies to actually get their post count over whatever the required limit is.

Just thinking now though, would it have to be a cut-off by posts? Couldn't you just make it that you have to be logged in to view it? Surely that would stop it from showing up on Google. Luckily for me I guess my name's pretty common, although I did have a few people from college find a few of my posts on Google and then figure out it was me given the username.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'm single handedly responsible for why retired US armymen can't land good jobs after they've served their country. :ph34r:

Jarquis

Yeah, if you can remove OT from the view of guests, much like the TF then that'd work just as well.