• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A plea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Alex

Banned
Of late, I've seen many members just make posts to elicit a false comment out of me, posts which add nothing to the topic, like 'shut up ffs', 'you're getting annoying' etc. And what's worse is they've never posted their take on the issue in that thread.

I don't mind being judged as long as it is with reason as to why they think so.

I've petitioned the moderators in this regard and didn't receive any feedback on the same.

Cricket Chat is become so elitist. Some members just consider themselves above others and think they're cool by just coming up with a smart ass one line comment during a good discussion. Most of such comments have nothing to do with the discussion in the first place.

There are exceptions to this like Jono, Gingerfurball, Prince EWS, silentstriker (in OT) etc with all whom I had the opportunity to discuss something in detail, and while they have disagreed with me, my respect for them has increased because they disagreed with my posts and not me, the poster. I felt belonged to the forum when they do that.

I wont name those who take pleasure in targeting me, some of them actually applauding people who have a go at me.
I come from different background and may lack the 'cool' factor, but when I post in cricket Chat, it's due to the love for the wonderful game that it is. I may lack the eloquence to make my point across but please bear in mind that English is not my first language.

In short please spare the elitist and judgemental attitude. It's a request.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I'm cool by just coming up with a smart ass one line comment during a good discussion.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have enjoyable exchanges on the forum with all members, with the exception of Jono, Gingerfurball, Prince EWS and silentstriker.

Sir Alex

Banned
8-)

I don't mind you people having a laugh (god knows what's funny).

But please keep it out of Cricket Chat.

Thanks for the demo btw guys.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Of late, I've seen many members just make posts to elicit a false comment out of me, posts which add nothing to the topic, like 'shut up ffs', 'you're getting annoying' etc. And what's worse is they've never posted their take on the issue in that thread.

I don't mind being judged as long as it is with reason as to why they think so.

I've petitioned the moderators in this regard and didn't receive any feedback on the same.

Cricket Chat is become so elitist. Some members just consider themselves above others and think they're cool by just coming up with a smart ass one line comment during a good discussion. Most of such comments have nothing to do with the discussion in the first place.

There are exceptions to this like Jono, Gingerfurball, Prince EWS, silentstriker (in OT) etc with all whom I had the opportunity to discuss something in detail, and while they have disagreed with me, my respect for them has increased because they disagreed with my posts and not me, the poster. I felt belonged to the forum when they do that.

I wont name those who take pleasure in targeting me, some of them actually applauding people who have a go at me.
I come from different background and may lack the 'cool' factor, but when I post in cricket Chat, it's due to the love for the wonderful game that it is. I may lack the eloquence to make my point across but please bear in mind that English is not my first language.

In short please spare the elitist and judgemental attitude. It's a request.
You broke the rules and got away with it. We're all just jealous. ;)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Won't lie, I reckon you're fairly annoying. I've never put anyone on ignore but you've gotten damn close to it.

Sir Alex

Banned
Won't lie, I reckon you're fairly annoying. I've never put anyone on ignore but you've gotten damn close to it.
8-) yeah I know whoever dare to argue against Australia or her players automatically are annoying for you. What's new in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.