• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Venting

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ok... I try to be very normal and sociable here and I tend to ensure my arguments remain as arguments.. But in the Second Greatest Batsman Ever thread, there have been a series of posts by Burgey and Got_Spin, which I have reported and don't seem to have any impact... I don't read whole threads before posting replies coz I don't have that much time most of the time... I respond to what I read and I responded to Burgey lecturing that Indians have victim mentality. I take strong exception to stupid claims like that and said so in the last post there of mine... Apparently, calling someone's one view stupid equates to calling them stupid... Anyways, GF has closed the thread blaming me, but I feel Burgey has definitely crossed the line by repeatedly claiming "teams like India are letting victim mentality hold them down"... My two cents..

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Your complaining? I'm praising the hell out of another member on this forum and yet my posts are getting reported on a constant basis. If someone was doing to me what I am doing to them then I'd fully endorse what they're doing.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where's the beef?

Saying a cricket team has victim mentality is somewhat different to overstepping the mark and saying that your mum is fat.

duffer

Don't have it in me to actually sit and read through that thread but whatever it is that's bothering you hb, try not to let it get to you. Life's too short and all that.

Son Of Coco

The thread had turned into a complete mess, whoever's fault it was. Doesn't seem to be uncommon these days though.

Personally I blame it on a lack of "Tendulkar vs ...." threads.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Wait? You reported a post that didn't attack you personally but was of an opinion you disagreed with...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ok... I try to be very normal and sociable here and I tend to ensure my arguments remain as arguments.. But in the Second Greatest Batsman Ever thread, there have been a series of posts by Burgey and Got_Spin, which I have reported and don't seem to have any impact... I don't read whole threads before posting replies coz I don't have that much time most of the time... I respond to what I read and I responded to Burgey lecturing that Indians have victim mentality. I take strong exception to stupid claims like that and said so in the last post there of mine... Apparently, calling someone's one view stupid equates to calling them stupid... Anyways, GF has closed the thread blaming me, but I feel Burgey has definitely crossed the line by repeatedly claiming "teams like India are letting victim mentality hold them down"... My two cents..
hb, the very problem is the fact that you reply to stuff straight away rather than seeing how the thread has progressed. You say you don't have much time, but the thing is, if you'd read on, you'd have seen a mod ask for the line of discussion to get back on topic...instead you did derail the thread. I know you didn't mean to but that's what happened.

It is also quite grating for a lot of posters to see like seven or eight replies in a row on stuff that's been and gone in the thread. Again, not an attack on you personally as you aren't the only one, but it is counter-productive, IMO.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey says a lot of Indian cricket fans have a victim mentality, an Indian cricket fan gets angry and starts a thread complaining about it, Burgey stands corrected.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wait? You reported a post that didn't attack you personally but was of an opinion you disagreed with...
No, I am tired of seeing the entire Indian fan community being painted with the same stupid brush.. If Burgey can't wake up to simple stuff like facts, then I am more than justified in calling his opinion on the matter "stupid"... And btw, this was a moderating decision that I didn't accept. Hence posting here..

But then again, we have blokes like Uppercut who can't seem to say anything worthwhile on cricket to jump in with factually incorrect smartass comments... 8-)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
hb, the very problem is the fact that you reply to stuff straight away rather than seeing how the thread has progressed. You say you don't have much time, but the thing is, if you'd read on, you'd have seen a mod ask for the line of discussion to get back on topic...instead you did derail the thread. I know you didn't mean to but that's what happened.

It is also quite grating for a lot of posters to see like seven or eight replies in a row on stuff that's been and gone in the thread. Again, not an attack on you personally as you aren't the only one, but it is counter-productive, IMO.
It may be... But you see, it can't be the same for everyone. Sometimes, mods don't do the job and there is a post or two that is simply baiting users of certain nations/communities or fans of certain players.. And what is wrong with calling someone's stupid opinion on a certain matter as "stupid"? Unless Burgey has got ANY kind of fact to back up his stupid claim, I am more than justified in reacting this way, I feel...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, I am tired of seeing the entire Indian fan community being painted with the same stupid brush.. If Burgey can't wake up to simple stuff like facts, then I am more than justified in calling his opinion on the matter "stupid"... And btw, this was a moderating decision that I didn't accept. Hence posting here..

But then again, we have blokes like Uppercut who can't seem to say anything worthwhile on cricket to jump in with factually incorrect smartass comments... 8-)
I'm not jumping into that debate, otherwise why bother have the mods close the thread. But you weren't stating facts, you were presenting opinions, just like Burgey.

As an aside, never quite understood why you and Uppercut hate each other so much

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It may be... But you see, it can't be the same for everyone. Sometimes, mods don't do the job and there is a post or two that is simply baiting users of certain nations/communities or fans of certain players.. And what is wrong with calling someone's stupid opinion on a certain matter as "stupid"? Unless Burgey has got ANY kind of fact to back up his stupid claim, I am more than justified in reacting this way, I feel...
The fact is a mod had asked for the thread to go back on topic...once they say that and you ignore it, closedville is the only route it's gonna take

andmark

International Captain
Am I the only person who has realised that, a discussion about who the second greatest batsmen, a light hearted and interesting question, has become this?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm not jumping into that debate, otherwise why bother have the mods close the thread. But you weren't stating facts, you were presenting opinions, just like Burgey.

As an aside, never quite understood why you and Uppercut hate each other so much
That goes back a while.. But this time, his is the wrong side.. So I am gonna play it up.. :p

Nah GIMH, the "facts" I am talking about are that the captain and coach felt compelled enough to state that Bucknor was being biased in their match reports... It never happened with the others. Not even Asoka De Silva, who got Sourav so many times that it won't be surprising if Sourav had felt that way about him... But it never happened. There was Hair, there was Daryl Harper, there was Rudi, and there was Billy. All these guys have given wrong decisions against INdia (and against other teams, obviously) but nothing ever transpired the way it did with Bucknor. Are you telling me none of these are facts?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The fact is a mod had asked for the thread to go back on topic...once they say that and you ignore it, closedville is the only route it's gonna take
Yeah that part is my bad.. I do accept that. I was juz venting coz I thought it was ridiculous for Burgey to get away with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.