Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Venting

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar

Venting

Ok... I try to be very normal and sociable here and I tend to ensure my arguments remain as arguments.. But in the Second Greatest Batsman Ever thread, there have been a series of posts by Burgey and Got_Spin, which I have reported and don't seem to have any impact... I don't read whole threads before posting replies coz I don't have that much time most of the time... I respond to what I read and I responded to Burgey lecturing that Indians have victim mentality. I take strong exception to stupid claims like that and said so in the last post there of mine... Apparently, calling someone's one view stupid equates to calling them stupid... Anyways, GF has closed the thread blaming me, but I feel Burgey has definitely crossed the line by repeatedly claiming "teams like India are letting victim mentality hold them down"... My two cents..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

International 12th Man
    Your complaining? I'm praising the hell out of another member on this forum and yet my posts are getting reported on a constant basis. If someone was doing to me what I am doing to them then I'd fully endorse what they're doing.
    Last edited by wfdu_ben91; 04-04-2010 at 05:42 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Where's the beef?

Saying a cricket team has victim mentality is somewhat different to overstepping the mark and saying that your mum is fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Anyways, GF has closed the thread blaming me..
    He's new to moderating and hasn't yet got over himself. (metaphorically speaking)

Anyways, GF has closed the thread blaming me..
    Damn girlfriends.

Don't have it in me to actually sit and read through that thread but whatever it is that's bothering you hb, try not to let it get to you. Life's too short and all that.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    The thread had turned into a complete mess, whoever's fault it was. Doesn't seem to be uncommon these days though.

Personally I blame it on a lack of "Tendulkar vs ...." threads.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Wait? You reported a post that didn't attack you personally but was of an opinion you disagreed with...
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Ok... I try to be very normal and sociable here and I tend to ensure my arguments remain as arguments.. But in the Second Greatest Batsman Ever thread, there have been a series of posts by Burgey and Got_Spin, which I have reported and don't seem to have any impact... I don't read whole threads before posting replies coz I don't have that much time most of the time... I respond to what I read and I responded to Burgey lecturing that Indians have victim mentality. I take strong exception to stupid claims like that and said so in the last post there of mine... Apparently, calling someone's one view stupid equates to calling them stupid... Anyways, GF has closed the thread blaming me, but I feel Burgey has definitely crossed the line by repeatedly claiming "teams like India are letting victim mentality hold them down"... My two cents..
    hb, the very problem is the fact that you reply to stuff straight away rather than seeing how the thread has progressed. You say you don't have much time, but the thing is, if you'd read on, you'd have seen a mod ask for the line of discussion to get back on topic...instead you did derail the thread. I know you didn't mean to but that's what happened.

It is also quite grating for a lot of posters to see like seven or eight replies in a row on stuff that's been and gone in the thread. Again, not an attack on you personally as you aren't the only one, but it is counter-productive, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Burgey says a lot of Indian cricket fans have a victim mentality, an Indian cricket fan gets angry and starts a thread complaining about it, Burgey stands corrected.
    GIMH likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Burgey says a lot of Indian cricket fans have a victim mentality, an Indian cricket fan gets angry and starts a thread complaining about it, Burgey stands corrected.
    yeah.. every person who complains has victim mentality, Mendis?

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Wait? You reported a post that didn't attack you personally but was of an opinion you disagreed with...
    No, I am tired of seeing the entire Indian fan community being painted with the same stupid brush.. If Burgey can't wake up to simple stuff like facts, then I am more than justified in calling his opinion on the matter "stupid"... And btw, this was a moderating decision that I didn't accept. Hence posting here..

But then again, we have blokes like Uppercut who can't seem to say anything worthwhile on cricket to jump in with factually incorrect smartass comments...

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    hb, the very problem is the fact that you reply to stuff straight away rather than seeing how the thread has progressed. You say you don't have much time, but the thing is, if you'd read on, you'd have seen a mod ask for the line of discussion to get back on topic...instead you did derail the thread. I know you didn't mean to but that's what happened.

It is also quite grating for a lot of posters to see like seven or eight replies in a row on stuff that's been and gone in the thread. Again, not an attack on you personally as you aren't the only one, but it is counter-productive, IMO.
    It may be... But you see, it can't be the same for everyone. Sometimes, mods don't do the job and there is a post or two that is simply baiting users of certain nations/communities or fans of certain players.. And what is wrong with calling someone's stupid opinion on a certain matter as "stupid"? Unless Burgey has got ANY kind of fact to back up his stupid claim, I am more than justified in reacting this way, I feel...

No, I am tired of seeing the entire Indian fan community being painted with the same stupid brush.. If Burgey can't wake up to simple stuff like facts, then I am more than justified in calling his opinion on the matter "stupid"... And btw, this was a moderating decision that I didn't accept. Hence posting here..

But then again, we have blokes like Uppercut who can't seem to say anything worthwhile on cricket to jump in with factually incorrect smartass comments...
    I'm not jumping into that debate, otherwise why bother have the mods close the thread. But you weren't stating facts, you were presenting opinions, just like Burgey.

As an aside, never quite understood why you and Uppercut hate each other so much

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information