• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Venting

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is the general impression I got from him, particularly during the latter part of his career when he wasn't quite the star that he was in his younger years
Maybe mate, but the point is, that is not necessarily true.. It is just an opinion.

Now, in the opinion of the BCCI and the Indian selectors, he was good enough to be the captain of the Indian Cricket Team at that point. They felt his behaviour did not do any disrespect to that post. So do we just go by their opinion?

My point all along was, no matter what his image was, he, as an international captain, has made a complaint of a pretty high order against an umpire and it was never looked into... That is my beef.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mate, I understand what you said but I also provided you the reasons for the incidents and the reason why someone like Engel's opinion should not be the be all and end all of judging some cricketers' character.

Do you seriously think it is not possible that Sourav may not be that bad? I mean, how many captains have complained of him anyway?

Pretty much sums up the point for me here. Continuously saying stuff like "Ganguly is a ****" or "Ganguly is a Douche" everytime there is a a post about Ganguly is not stating a valid opinion but simply trolling.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, but all you did was say he was spouting the usual BS....it's such an empty statement.

And Jesus hb, let me introduce you to the 'edit' button

The crux of Uppercut's post was that Burgey is allowed to express opinions...and he's right, of course.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, but all you did was say he was spouting the usual BS....it's such an empty statement.
yeah.. it was BS because when you post a stupid opinion, people are going to respond calling the "said" opinion stupid... Why is it our problem that Burgey's opinion on this matter happens to be stupid?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe mate, but the point is, that is not necessarily true.. It is just an opinion.

Now, in the opinion of the BCCI and the Indian selectors, he was good enough to be the captain of the Indian Cricket Team at that point. They felt his behaviour did not do any disrespect to that post. So do we just go by their opinion?

My point all along was, no matter what his image was, he, as an international captain, has made a complaint of a pretty high order against an umpire and it was never looked into... That is my beef.
Yes its an opinion formed from numerous incidents though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL, I couldn't care less if you call Burgey's opinion stupid or whatever, it's your call. You don't give any reasons for why it's stupid though, nobody has sought to refute the arguments he's put forwards. Just the same as when you're arguing with Uppercut - it's all well and good saying he's spouting BS - but you give no reasons why.

Like or dislike Burgey and Uppercut's opinions - nobody has a problem with that - but you don't actually have anything behind your claims, and it's not pretty.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Cracking contributions there Sanz.

Good to see hb playing the poster not the post RE Uppercut as well.

The irony of this whole thread is not lost on me, sadly.
Well I typed a whole post in reply to Burgey and then deleted it because those things have been said over and over again and we have failed to reach consensus. IO have very little to say about the "Victim Mentality" comment about Burgey, he is certainly entitled to his opinion.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

And Jesus hb, let me introduce you to the 'edit' button

The crux of Uppercut's post was that Burgey is allowed to express opinions...and he's right, of course.
yeah... but the second part was needless, because no one here has said Burgey should not have posted his piece. My problem is I was pulled up for responding "rightfully" to it.

To take UC's example, yes, there is nothing to stop him from posting "Sachin Tendulkar is crap".. But there should not be any stopping either when people call that opinion of his "crap".... That is the crux of my point, which he has conveniently ignored for the sake of getting in his oh-so-sweet cheapshot...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
LOL, I couldn't care less if you call Burgey's opinion stupid or whatever, it's your call. You don't give any reasons for why it's stupid though, nobody has sought to refute the arguments he's put forwards. Just the same as when you're arguing with Uppercut - it's all well and good saying he's spouting BS - but you give no reasons why.

Like or dislike Burgey and Uppercut's opinions - nobody has a problem with that - but you don't actually have anything behind your claims, and it's not pretty.
Yes calling out "Ganguly is a Douche" has actual reasoning behind it, isn't it ?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
yeah... but the second part was needless, because no one here has said Burgey should not have posted his piece. My problem is I was pulled up for responding "rightfully" to it.

To take UC's example, yes, there is nothing to stop him from posting "Sachin Tendulkar is crap".. But there should not be any stopping either when people call that opinion of his "crap".... That is the crux of my point, which he has conveniently ignored for the sake of getting in his oh-so-sweet cheapshot...
LOL no you were pulled up because a mod asked you to cease that line of discussion...not rocket science

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Did you even read the posts there? I know Indians don't have victim mentality. Burgey is the accusing us of one and unless he has ANY kind of facts to show for it, he is being stupid in that opinion of his....

And as for examples, the fact that only Bucknor was accused as "biased" inspite of so many umpires having given game changing decisions against us.... I never saw a single response to that. So is it like when we make a point, you don't respond. And then we rightfully call an opinion stupid, coz there is nothing to back it up, we get laughed at coz we don't substantiate?

Lets make it simple. Burgey is the one accusing here.. Burden of proof? And as for UC, well, he was responding to something that doesn't exist, coz I never said Burgey should not have been allowed to post his opinion. I am simply saying, when you post an opinion someone else thinks is "rightfully" stupid, don't take away the right to post that either... And if you don't want the thread going down that path, then pull up the post/poster first before you pull up another.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, I meant to tell this to Got_Spin there..

Your opinion is fair enough mate. But I don't think Ganguly is that bad at all and it is a gross exaggeration of his flaws.

And my main point was, irrespective of his behaviour record, I feel when an international captain accuses an umpire of bias, it has to be looked into. Simple as that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
it was.. and fair enough that it gets closed. But I am wondering coz no mod post was there and none of the posts there were pulled up. Usually we get reasons right? And cautions for the posters.. I know it includes me too, but I would have liked to see it end the normal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.