• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Deletion of posts

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's all related. You've criticised mods for not being active. Then a new mod is appointed who does something you don't agree with, and all of a sudden new mods should take a back seat. That's not consistent.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say though that given that it is a moderation team, it is their opinion which matters on the matter and if they feel a few guys can stick in the team as they contribute to offline discussions, it is fair enough.
So that's the end of the matter? Don't know about everyone else but discussions about the makeup of the moderating team/the moderating ability of some is starting to get really tedious.

Suggestions about moderating, such as NP's in this thread are fine but at the end of the day if James is happy with the team he has moderating his forum then that should really be it

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not related gingerfurball. I have criticised that certain mods are not active. I have not said the moderation team as a whole is not active. There is a clear difference between the two. The moderation team does a fine job on the whole.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Certain moderators are certainly not active enough. Guys like Loony Bob and Pickup don't moderate nearly enough.
I'm not sure how you can make such a statement when you're not involved in the day to day running of the site. Surely the guy who runs the site finds them valuable enough to keep them around. Also its not as if they're taking up spots that could otherwise be filled up by others, there is no limit to how many mods there can be.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So that's the end of the matter? Don't know about everyone else but discussions about the makeup of the moderating team/the moderating ability of some is starting to get really tedious.

Suggestions about moderating, such as NP's in this thread are fine but at the end of the day if James is happy with the team he has moderating his forum then that should really be it
I didn't raise the point. GFB did by bringing up that topic again.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'm not sure how you can make such a statement when you're not involved in the day to day running of the site.
I mean on site moderating which I CAN see. The other argument is they do the off line moderating activities. As Pasag said if some one can't do both, it would be preferable to have some one who does both as there are enough quality people around who could moderate.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't raise the point. GFB did by bringing up that topic again. I also believe it is a moot point and not some thing which needs to be discussed if the people who matter are happy with the moderation team.
Then why do this?
I have criticised that certain mods are not active.
You don't see the contributions you make and if they make them at all is of no importance if "the moderating team do a good job on the whole". I'm guessing that, for the moment anyway, James is happy with the makeup of his moderating team so can it really be left there? Issues with the way people moderate can be brought via the appropriate means such as email. Suggestions on improving moderation as a whole (this thread) do no harm IMO
But complaining about the moderation team on the open forum does no good for anything nor anyone.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
it would be preferable to have some one who does both as there are enough quality people around who could moderate.
But are there really that many around. Especially those who actually have the time to do the job and who want to do it?

I daresay anyone who ticks all those boxes is already doing the job.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I mean on site moderating which I CAN see. The other argument is they do the off line moderating activities. As Pasag said if some one can't do both, it would be preferable to have some one who does both as there are enough quality people around who could moderate.
Again, you make it sound as if the old-not-so-active need to make way for the new by stepping down. Its not a cricket team's first XI. If more mods are needed on the front James will appoint some, as he did with gingy, why would there be a need for the two mentioned to step down?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Again, you make it sound as if the old-not-so-active need to make way for the new by stepping down. Its not a cricket team's first XI. If more mods are needed on the front James will appoint some, as he did with gingy, why would there be a need for the two mentioned to step down?
It is a non issue where I am concerned, like I said in the other thread.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I like that mods are deleting posts. Sure give reasons, but keep up the good work peeps
Pretty much echo this. If you think any of my posts violate the forum rules or disrupt the forum atmosphere, please feel free to delete them.