• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have any CW members put you off supporting a country?

DingDong

State Captain
there are a few aussie posters here and a certain west indian poster who've made it impossible for me to support those countries and i used to love watching those sides play. has this happened to anybody else?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nothing could ever put me off supporting England but we do seem a lucky nation in that most of our would-be trolls go to the footy boards instead :)

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I haven't been turned off supporting a side really, the opposite in some instances actually. Mark Boucher FTW! Also hoping Ramdin can get some runs.
But my main two sides Arsenal and England are generally supported by good people anyway. England has seen an improvement in the last month or so :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If I wasn't such a fan of so many Indian players, it's safe to say that the majority of CC would have put me off ever supporting them.

I've never supported Man Utd in my life either, but Rose and Aussie make me hate them even more.

Beevers vilifying Steve McClaren made me feel justified in wanting England to lose badly whilst under his tenure, not that I needed any excuse.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, those Indians put me off them too. Fair to say I can find a way to take something out of any team losing.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
NZ posters made me really want NZ to lose, at one point in time. Not that I had anything against NZ or the posters themselves mind.

I wanted Australia to lose so badly that I don't think it was possible for me to want them to lose anymore, despite what any poster could say. That said, I think actually Ikki made me want England to win the Ashes this season more than normal.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Very interesting question here.

I don't get why Indian posters on the forum put people off. There were guys like wahindiawah in the past but we are a lot better as a community of Indian posters now than say four years back I think. Would love to know the reasons why for curiousity's case.

If any thing, the forum has helped me get a better understanding of the level headed fan from various countries and I appreciate every team more. I used to visit a forum which had a lot of arrogant Australians and this was during Steve Waugh's time. The attitude was - we win more so we are intellectually superior that you which I found dire.

I always had my doubts regarding Pakistan fans because I never really knew any one personally. Reading Rahul Bhattacharya's book Pundits From Pakistan about India's first tour to Pakistan in ages gave me a better understanding that Pakistanis are very nice, warm people. I have seen members like Fusion (particularly - he is really great), Xuhaib and Nightprowler and all of them are top blokes.

I started supporting Exeter because of Pickup.

In the EPL, I usually support Man U but don't have a strong affiliation towards them but never knew they were such a hated team before I came to this forum. This must be true every where and I was only ignorant.

The more I think about it, the more I feel most people are inherently nice though.

cpr

International Coach
Haha the Utd/Arsenal animosity certainly is rife on this forum, thats for sure, personally however doesn't put me off Arsenal because 90% of the time they actually talk a decent game.... Their manager however.....

AC Milan have always been my Italian team, Juve were the ones to hate, Inter a bit of a no show, however Craigos' love all things black and blue sticks into me. No offence Craigos, but I dislike Inter at a healthy level now. Cheers :)

DingDong

State Captain
Haha the Utd/Arsenal animosity certainly is rife on this forum, thats for sure, personally however doesn't put me off Arsenal because 90% of the time they actually talk a decent game.... Their manager however.....

AC Milan have always been my Italian team, Juve were the ones to hate, Inter a bit of a no show, however Craigos' love all things black and blue sticks into me. No offence Craigos, but I dislike Inter at a healthy level now. Cheers :)
where is the football forum???? i've never seen it.

EDIT: nevermind i just found it.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
I pretty much hate every other cricket side because of CWers, in a rivalry type way. Used to really like England, never minded India and enjoyed following SL, NZ, WI but can't stand the ****s anymore. Pak and SA probably the only countries that this hasn't happened to, no doubt because of lack of posters.

A bit of the opposite in AFL (although Mike makes me hate Essendon even more as if that was even possible).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Can't support India anymore tbh - Although I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Sachin.