• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have any CW members put you off supporting a country?

Langeveldt

Soutie
More the opposite.. A combination of Voltman, and Murray from Flight of the Conchordes have made me want New Zealand to beat everyone apart from SA and England..

Despite having a natural aversion to anything Australian, I find the supporters on here to be above average too..

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon you're weak if one or two posters, who you could simply press 'ignore' and never see them post, make you dislike a cricket team.

Happens a lot on this site too. It's almost as bad as the people who invoke the hatred in the first place.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Long ago I was really put off by some of the English posters here (none of whom post regularly anymore) to a point that I started to root against the Poms.
That's interesting. I wasn't around on CW during Ovalgate so I don't know what the consensus was here, but in the country at large, there was plenty of sympathy for Pakistan and plenty of understanding for why Inzamam took the course of action he did.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Geg, what put you off England?
A general over-ration of the team as a whole, but thats purely IMO. There are a few who can be just as unbearable in their arrogance as some of the Aussies, too.
See this surprises me as aside from me most of our lot tend to be the biggest pessimists going :)
Don't think there are any bigger pessimists than the New Zealand crowd - but only when we're in the middle of a test series. When we aren't, we tend to talk up our team quite a lot beyond it's actual ability.
Yeah, ditto. I'm rather surprised anyone perceives the England-fan crowd on CW as "generally over-rating their team" and being "unbearable in their arrogance <team-centric arrogance, of course, that is>". I'd have said rather the opposite too.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Can't say any poster/s from CW has made me dislike a team. If anything I like Australia as a team now more than ever because of CW.

That said, many English members on PC made me hate England after their tour to Pakistan in 05. They've all either left or grown up now tbf.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon you're weak if one or two posters, who you could simply press 'ignore' and never see them post, make you dislike a cricket team.

Happens a lot on this site too. It's almost as bad as the people who invoke the hatred in the first place.
Yeah I generally put members on ignore if I think they're becoming annoying, but people still quote them...:dry:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't understand why people are put off from India because of members in the forum. The general Indian supporter on the street is quite enthusiastic but Indian cricket fans on the forum, guys like silentstriker, jono, duffer, honestbharani are fairly level headed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is true and I'll take that as a compliment :p

Because of Pratters I don't watch movies anymore :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Surely the issue is not enthusiasm..
What is which puts people off because of the Indian posters? Please explain. Except the tirade of Tendulkar threads which cropped up a while ago, I have found every thing pretty normal.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No poster has put me off their country; one or two have put me off tools tho, but never had a lot of time for them in the first place. :ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What is which puts people off because of the Indian posters? Please explain. Except the tirade of Tendulkar threads which cropped up a while ago, I have found every thing pretty normal.
I used to not mind India playing well.

Except I know if India have won a match I'll come onto to CW to see a string of Indian threads about how great so-and-so is and how Sehwag is the second greatest test batsmen or something equally rubbish

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah I can see where you are coming from. Because of the hype generated in the media and the emotions involved, the Indian supporters can be the most fragile. They will idolise the players and then they will throw stones on their homes. CW is not that extreme but in a very small way it reflects here too with a fair few Indian threads calling some one greatest etc.