• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have any CW members put you off supporting a country?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Unfortunately am more anti-India after joining this site. But that's more the Indian team. I've rallied behind Tendulkar and others because of the dissing of him on here. Same goes for the Kiwis, to a lesser extent.

Positively though, CW has fueled my love for Bangladesh. :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
My liking for the English cricket team has probably gone down a few notches. Conversely, I think my opinion of the Australian team and players has gone up of late. Same with South Africa.

However, I have certainly been put off seriously discussing cricket at this point. Would prefer to chew ice, tbh.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nothing could ever put me off supporting England but we do seem a lucky nation in that most of our would-be trolls go to the footy boards instead :)
Yeah, fanship of a team is imbued - it does not get impacted on, to me, by any individual.

Unfortunately, any idiotic views (such as that Lillee was several million miles better than Donald for instance) aren't going to be shown-up as any more idiotic by Australia losing to South Africa in 2008/09. So it doesn't really make any difference who wins and loses.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh Richard, did you really need to use a specific example, can just picture WW3 going off in this thread now :laugh:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DingDong needs to pull his head in k. pulls me off the Kiwis.

Seriously though, there are some people on here who put me off sides, but not that significantly. Want the Windies to fail now because of WW being a **** and over-hyping them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A general over-ration of the team as a whole, but thats purely IMO. There are a few who can be just as unbearable in their arrogance as some of the Aussies, too.
See this surprises me as aside from me most of our lot tend to be the biggest pessimists going :)

NZTailender

See this surprises me as aside from me most of our lot tend to be the biggest pessimists going :)
Don't think there are any bigger pessimists than the New Zealand crowd - but only when we're in the middle of a test series. When we aren't, we tend to talk up our team quite a lot beyond it's actual ability.

NZTailender

DingDong needs to pull his head in k. pulls me off the Kiwis.
Am I the only one finding DingDong and the referencing of his whole 'style' wearing a little thin? He's become the new Chris Hinton IMO. At one point there people were referencing 'h' and 'Zimbabwe cricket is really e' a lot and it got quite boring and cringe worthy. Same goes for ending things with ok (or ok?). Can be hilarious on occasion but generally boring now.

[/partypooper]

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
I have seen members like Fusion (particularly - he is really great), Xuhaib and Nightprowler and all of them are top blokes.
:wub: I wuv you too Pratters.

Long ago I was really put off by some of the English posters here (none of whom post regularly anymore) to a point that I started to root against the Poms. Now though, no fans of any team have caused me to despise their countries. Despise the poster, not the country I say.