• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh God Almighty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow! Can someone please translate that in simple English please? :wacko:
It is in English - it's just in hyper-correct English with lots of double-<positive\negative>s. It makes perfect sense if you read it a few times.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS has made an excellent point. Often quality threads are closed just because of the trouble 2-3 people make. The trouble makers should be dealt with. The thread should not suffer as a result of it.

Threads which discuss things about the site like 'how to improve the atmosphere in cricket chat' should also not be closed. There is enough scope and room for discussion of topics and except when the thread is highly offensive, they should remain open. Every thread which lasts a bit gets closed if it is discussing about the site as if a voodoo is attached to discussing about the site. We are not convicts and are free to air our views as long as we are not insulting some one and it is key that this point is understood.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratters, that post was absolutely pointless and served no purpose other than to attack the member in which it was aimed at. Don't do it again

Richard, I missed your post back when it was made, but it was also quite pointless. You don't always have to have the last word on a topic. The issue was dealth with in CC, and in saying that you don't need to turn each thread into a debate when a moderator asks you to do something, I'm fairly certain vic didn't mean for you to just take the issue to another thread.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
SJS has made an excellent point. Often quality threads are closed just because of the trouble 2-3 people make. The trouble makers should be dealt with. The thread should not suffer as a result of it.

Threads which discuss things about the site like 'how to improve the atmosphere in cricket chat' should also not be closed. There is enough scope and room for discussion of topics and except when the thread is highly offensive, they should remain open. Every thread which lasts a bit gets closed if it is discussing about the site as if a voodoo is attached to discussing about the site. We are not convicts and are free to air our views as long as we are not insulting some one and it is key that this point is understood.
If a thread has descended to the point where it's had to be closed, then it's ceased to be a "quality thread".

Your bolded point is absolute nonsense as well. A discussion board isn't a democracy.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If a thread has descended to the point where it's had to be closed, then it's ceased to be a "quality thread".
Some times it is just 2-3 people making all the trouble and warning then would be better. The thread can have scope for discussion.

Your bolded point is absolute nonsense as well. A discussion board isn't a democracy.
Don't be angry. Chill. Calling my posts nonsense, I can do the same to yours. It is silly. A discussion board goes by the same rules for every one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Some times it is just 2-3 people making all the trouble and warning then would be better. The thread can have scope for discussion.

Don't be angry. Chill. Calling my posts nonsense, I can do the same to yours. It is silly. A discussion board goes by the same rules for every one.
Just warning people isn't enough. Some posters ignore warnings, some posters get a bit precious about being warned and argue back/attack which derails the thread. Deleting the offending posts to stop the thread being sidetracked could be an option, but some people are starting to get a bit precious about that as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard, I missed your post back when it was made, but it was also quite pointless. You don't always have to have the last word on a topic. The issue was dealth with in CC, and in saying that you don't need to turn each thread into a debate when a moderator asks you to do something, I'm fairly certain vic didn't mean for you to just take the issue to another thread.
I won't have people misinforming the masses, or making-out something about me (or, indeed, about any matter on which I have interest) which is untrue. It was not dealt with in CC at all, and I do not see that it is right for someone to "have the last word" if that last word results in misinformation.

My above post is very far from pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.