• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh God Almighty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually we only noticed the PM after the decision to ban Pratters had already been made. If it had been said it was the final straw, that was a mistake.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
After I cried, I realised some thing was definitely wrong. I realised I was taking this too personally and seriously when I talked with people, particularly CW members. It is just a cricket forum in the end. You have made friends on it and you enjoyed being here because it was a delightful place. In my experiences in the past 3-4 months however, I have found the site a pain. Every time I come here, I leave with negative rather than positive experiences.

I have been warned 2 times or so in my time in cricketweb and all the times I have had extreme reactions. I never understood this but when I thought about it, it is about the high ideals I set myself to. I can't tolerate injustice and despite making 2 mistakes for which I apologised immediately (the other millions of offences I was accused of, I have countered via many emails to the cricket web moderation team.for which I recieved no clarifications)

I decided to give the site a break but over the past 24 hours I was having a terrible amount of confusion whether to return or not. Co-incidentally then, I watched a film called Dogville in the evening and it talks about forgiveness, how much if at all you really should forget.

From wikipedia -

Her father confronts her in his Cadillac Series 355C and tells her that she is arrogant for not holding others to the same high standards to which she holds herself. At first she refuses to listen, but as she leaves the car and contemplates the discussion she has just had with her father, she looks again upon the town and its people, and is compelled to agree: she would have to condemn them to the worst possible punishment if she held them to her own standards, and it would be inhumane not to do so.

My interest in cricket has depleted over the past few years. I do read books on it, do my research on it, read Wisdens and watch the best test series on offer but more and more, I ignore the majority of cricket matches which go on and only watch them if I have nothing else to do. I have watched more of this IPL edition than I thought I would but I won't be watching much more except Tendulkar's batting and maybe the semis and finals.

I waste my time in the site a lot too which is bad for me. I spent 2-3 hours on the site every day because it is addictive and given that I run a manufacturing unit with 500 people working under me which runs 24 hours a day and I also have my investments in the stock exchange, I want to focus more and more of my time towards business.

I am more interested in movies now than sports and cricket and have joined an excellent movie forum for that. I will also join cricket fans forum which is an excellent forum and CW regulars like Brumby and SJS post there. It is less active and so will consume less of my time though the quality there is great. It also has a more knowledgeable group of people on cricket books and cricket videos whcih are two of my keen cricket interests.

In short, I am leaving forever and I don't feel sad about it. Make fun of me for finally deciding after watching a movie, make fun of me for repeatedly changing my decision, make fun of my such emails but I really don't care. I have had enough of cricketweb and it is time to bid goodbye.

If any one wants to keep touch (I would love to keep in touch with Fusion, xuhaib, fredfertang and other members I don't have email ids of. I am in touch with most of them via facebook or google talk or msn already. So please do email me at pratterscricket@gmail.com and keep in touch with me if you have cherished crossing paths with me on cricketweb.

One last thing, Sanz mentioned in an email to me last week that he thinks I am untrustworthy and never to get in touch with him again. I held my hand out for friendship with Sanz but it is too bad he doesn't share my feelings of respect which I do for him. I tried my best to maintain a relationship and that's the best I can do on my part.

I won't be checking this thread, Cricketweb again or posting here. If any one posts here on cw with my id in the future you can be rest assured it is not me.

I really wont miss cw when I think of it. I have had my fair share of time here.

So bye bye and all the best.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Well, thank God that's over. Just a massive, drawn-out process and a reminder that perspective is needed when it's only a cricket forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.