• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shortcut help

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So, after years of Internet Explorer, I got the Windows update telling me all about all the other browsers out there. My IE has been crashing a lot lately and even though there are loads of things I love about IE8 I felt it was time for Firefox.

Well as if losing my dropdown homepage menu wasn't a blow enough, I press Alt + S after finishing a CW post and...some menu at the top of the page opens. To quote Uppercut, WHAT THE ACTUAL ......??? So, um, is there a quick post keyboard shortcut for Firefox? Because I am 100% serious, if there isn't then I'd rather put up with a crash every half hour.

PLEASE HELP ME.

I just actually pressed Alt + S after writing that. OMG. :blowup:

edit - should point out for those that didn't know that on IE Alt + S is a quick post shortcut on this, and most other, forums

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Doesn't work on every forum mind you. Have found it not working on any ezboard/yuku ones

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Always used to press TAB-TAB-SPACEBAR myself TBH. Still works juuuuuuuuuust fine actually.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cider :thumbsup:
In fact, the Higher Education fair I was at today was just a 10 minute walk from a cider farm, couldn't slip that passed the teachers though.

Tab-Tab-Space, wtf?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****, who says you don't learn things on CW? Never knew that at all..

Edit: And FMD it works. Thanks Corrin and Dicko. You're now up there with Kevin McCloud in my top three living Englishmen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cider :thumbsup:
In fact, the Higher Education fair I was at today was just a 10 minute walk from a cider farm, couldn't slip that passed the teachers though.
Past mebbe like?
Tab-Tab-Space, wtf?
Type your post, press tab to the "no icon" stuff like, then tab again to the "submit reply" button, then space-bar to press the button. C?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Past mebbe like?

Type your post, press tab to the "no icon" stuff like, then tab again to the "submit reply" button, then space-bar to press the button. C?
Return key surely?

And I'm pretty sure you only need to press tab once.