• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scaly piscine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow I see some folks are being so judgmental here. Definately unique poster and knowledgeable about the game.

I hope he come back to the forum, it certainly isn't better without him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Seems a tad harsh to my way of thinking. Not like he was avoiding the filter.
What did he do? Was he warned before being banned at all? I thought warnings were the procedure but I have seen a few people banned without warnings in the recent past which seems a bit harsh to me. A warning should always be given IMO.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, because I've given so many demonstrations of not giving a damn about what anyone thinks of me, haven't I? :laugh:

I couldn't care less what you think of me, nor a few others (most of whom are probably going to be doing their familiar trick of crawling out of the woodwork and airing their views on me in this thread, if it doesn't get closed before they get there), but giving a good account of myself to the majority is very important to me and, dare I say it, most right-thinking people. "I'll act as I see fit and to hell with the fact that most deem it unacceptable" is a deplorable character trait, as I say.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And there was far more consensus than not, FTR, on that being a good thing rather than a bad one.
c_c voiced his opinions and added to the forums IMO. His opinions were not always in line with what every one else had to say but that's what you respect a poster for - original opinion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If that's your view of him then you're entitled to it. It's a fair enough opinion. But it isn't one that most people shared.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What's your view Richard? Was he racist in your opinion? He studied in a school in a city near Kolkata and I had visited that school once for a 5 day camp. I had chatted a lot with him a few years back on msn and he seemed perfectly normal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This isn't the place for me to be airing my views on C_C - not that they were straightforward in any case. He was a very, very complex fellow.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
In Scaly's case I don't think the trait of not caring about what people thought about him is very good thing. Basically he's miserable, offensive and bigoted and IMO has no redeeming features bar being able to sort letters out into words.....

But like sledger said, he is funny once you realise what he really is. BTW sorry for saying that mods, but I really do think it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am not sure you understand the meaning of the world Consensus.
He doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words, and TBH looking at this thread irony is definitely the main one he doesn't get.

This thread has become really quite unpleasant about Scaly, really should be locked IMHO.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In Scaly's case I don't think the trait of not caring about what people thought about him is very good thing. Basically he's miserable, offensive and bigoted and IMO has no redeeming features bar being able to sort letters out into words.....
He doesn't attack a poster, does he? I think we are becoming intolerant if we can't tolerate stuff like 'Arsenal is ****' (which they really are, sorry Brumby).

I haven't checked out the details why he was banned, so I could be wrong though.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
@Richard :- So where is the proof that is what the Majority of opinion. FTR, here itself you are in minority (on C_C).

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He doesn't attack a poster, does he? I think we are becoming intolerant if we can't tolerate stuff like 'Arsenal is ****' (which they really are, sorry Brumby).

I haven't checked out the details why he was banned, so I could be wrong though.
Well IMO he just brings down the whole atmosphere of the threads he posts in by just being negative about everything and targeting groups of people and then just abusing them, like he did in the case of the Scottish people. Just seems to me that he doesn't exactly give much respect to many people...

Status
Not open for further replies.