• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this guy Precrambrian? I'm convinced it is, but he's yet to get a ban. Can someone check this account out?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Whether he is or isn't, not really up for discussion (I imagine).

Wish we had a Precambrian Account Speculation sub-forum:ph34r:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It couldn't be, otherwise he'd be banned...surely. Unless a banning only applies to a username, so changing it means everything's ok again.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
It couldn't be, otherwise he'd be banned...surely. Unless a banning only applies to a username, so changing it means everything's ok again.
modz take the approach that when he's posting "well", they don't ban him as it only prompts more **** posting from his next multi. They've essentially reached a compromise where we all get to put up with his general stupid trolling in order to avoid the worse stuff he has shown he can pull out.

Meh, leave him be.
as I said.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was under the impression that it was only a lack of evidence keeping him here. Pretty sure a couple of his other counts caused no bother and were banned just for being him.

Burgey

Whether he is or isn't, not really up for discussion (I imagine).

Wish we had a Precambrian Account Speculation sub-forum:ph34r:
Start it I say! Or at least I would if I wasn't setting a good example because I'm a staff member.

Uppercut

I figured the mods just got bored of chasing him. At least he's now just your run-of-the-mill garden troll rather than the genetically engineered super-troll he was previously.

pasag

RTDAS
He's been good in his latest guise and I think CC would be poorer for it if he was banned. He's one of those posters that keep CC ticking, will post in every thread and just keep debate flowing and that pretty important imho. Has his dire moments, but so does everyone else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Regardless of anything, the "keep trying enough and you'll eventually be let around perma-bans" approach is not a good one. Sets dangerous precedent. Personally I don't and never have really minded Pnottath\Precambrian (seems I've missed some of his worst posting) but you cannot be allowing him or anyone else to duplicate their way out of permas. If you're going to let him off, un-ban him and merge all of his accounts, don't just let the latest duplicate off.

CW bannings aren't governed by human rights laws - there is no reason mods can't ban an account just because of lack of evidence of the strength which would stand-up in a court of law.

I'd say if polled about 90% of regular CW users would say they're fairly sure this Sir Alex account is Precambrian. I'm also fairly sure this "Avada Kedavra" character is likewise.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Regardless of anything, the "keep trying enough and you'll eventually be let around perma-bans" approach is not a good one. Sets dangerous precedent. Personally I don't and never have really minded Pnottath\Precambrian (seems I've missed some of his worst posting) but you cannot be allowing him or anyone else to duplicate their way out of permas. If you're going to let him off, un-ban him and merge all of his accounts, don't just let the latest duplicate off.

CW bannings aren't governed by human rights laws - there is no reason mods can't ban an account just because of lack of evidence of the strength which would stand-up in a court of law.

I'd say if polled about 90% of regular CW users would say they're fairly sure this Sir Alex account is Precambrian. I'm also fairly sure this "Avada Kedavra" character is likewise.
In general agree, altohugh it's obviously important that nobody gets banned on a 'whim' because that would be damaging to the forum's wider reputation. If there isn't evidence of a dupe then a psoter shouldn't be banned for it, IMO.

Avada Kedavra has been banned today or yesterday, interestingly enough. The plot thickens...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Agree totally, it seems like with Precamb the attitude has been' "You're banned...oh wait, you're back and seem to be posting ok...you're banned...oh wait, you're back and seem to be posting ok...you're banned...oh, wait etc etc"

Personally I think the ban either stands or everyone who has been banned before should get a chance again if they come back under another name and get away with it for a while.

If Sir Alex is Precamb I'd agree he has been decent since his return. Regardless of this though he should go if he is who people think he is.

Sir Alex

Banned
Hello, this is fun is it? Only I wish it was. I have seen this allegation since my inital days here in CW. This is a fantastic forum and the Cricket Chat section si unparallelled in any of the other forums I've been to. But this speculation has rather run it's course for me. I am hence, forced to either prove I am NOT someone which is farily beyond me or I have to refrain from posting in this forum.
I think the latter is more easier, and I won't be troubling the doubting Thomases with my "trolling" here.
Regards everyone. Sriram.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Poor form to start a thread when he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong except stir suspicions that he might be Precam. I can think of a few posters on here who deserve a ban over this bloke, so am squarely in the "leave him be" camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.