• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I also don't think perma bans should be handed out. The maximum imo shold be a 6 month ban with a probationary period on return. No relation to precam, though. I think he was handed a 6 monther that he tried to repeatedly circumvent. If he doesn't try to pull a similar stunt for the next 6 months, let him back under his original account, imo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I cbf with the hyperbole in the rest of the post
Haha, I know you are a friend of sledger but you should try to present a neutral view as much as possible. Have you even seen the best of sledger thread showing the worst of sledger threads? What was it called. Utterly dire. Also there were many little threads like this one.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I also don't think perma bans should be handed out. The maximum imo shold be a 6 month ban with a probationary period on return. No relation to precam, though. I think he was handed a 6 monther that he tried to repeatedly circumvent. If he doesn't try to pull a similar stunt for the next 6 months, let him back under his original account, imo.
Disagree. Rodgie could return otherwise. Or Benchmark

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not particularly a fan of Precam but wouldn't lose sleep if he was allowed back. I'm simply of the opinion that if Sir Alex is Precam, he should be banned on that basis and no other. But if there isn't proof, he shouldn't be banned on a whim, however many people may think it, as that would reflect awfully on the site.
I feel the same way. It's unfortunate that so many Precamb multi's create suspicion after he's gone (or has he :ph34r:), but if this guy is Precamb then he should be banned, if not then carry on.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Disagree. Rodgie could return otherwise. Or Benchmark
Haha, but Rodgie would just get himself banned again, wouldn't he? :p The obvious trolls are the easy ones to deal with. The bigger problem are those posters who are clearly an annoying pain in the rear, but unfortunately also know how to play the game and avoid being banned at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
but since about the 4th Precam dupe, mods have asked us to use email/PM to express any suspicions, and I think people should take note of that to be quite honest.
I agree. We should report posts or members to the mod team instead of speculating in public who is precam and who isn't. It won't always happen though with a member like Sir Alex. He has shown his tamil/mallu link bagapath posted about once.

He recommended me a South Indian obscure movie to me once. The same movie, he had suggested as an avatar of Precam.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sledger had created a multi once. I detected the same tone and mentioned it to him on msn ages ago. He was surprised at my detective skills. So if multi is permaban, sledger should be perma banned maybe. I don't know. Heh.

Edit - Richard knows about this too.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was a six-monther. He served the lot.
TBF, sledger was perm-banned in about 2004 or 2005 but was allowed back on the basis of an apology and a promise not to be such an idiot again (which he hasn't been, regardless of how many finite bans he's had since).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sledger had created a multi once.
He's had several TBH. spanish_vicente is the most notorious example, but the neill pickupp is also famed. He's always apologised for them.

I and sledger have many times compared his duplicate-accounting to alcoholism - he knows it's not good for him to be doing it but sometimes finds it difficult to resist.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
There are two polar groups here. One thinks he is doing okay, so should stay. Second and the rule of CW is that he should be banned. I belong in the first group as I believe forgiveness is an opportunity to re-connect one should not miss upon.

It is good for the site if Precam in whatever avatar stays as he adds to the site and is not a disruptive influence at all now IMO. Others obviously feel it sets a bad precedence.

He can't obviously be banned till proven so as Prince says regardless of which group you belong to.
My thoughts on the matter are pretty clear (my first thoughts on the matter as well as I have not given the issue 1 second thought before now).

If you think it is a multi then report the post and the poster and let the management and mods do their job. If they allow him/her to stay or they disagree with your assessment then tough. You did what you could and they went in a different direction. "Thanks for the input. It has been noted"

I dont see any merit in a witch hunt or washing dirty laundry in public.

Report a post, let those in charge make a decision and then live with what they decide. If you really disagree then either do it off the forum or find somewhere else where you would be happier.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
My thoughts on the matter are pretty clear (my first thoughts on the matter as well as I have not given the issue 1 second thought before now).

If you think it is a multi then report the post and the poster and let the management and mods do their job. If they allow him/her to stay or they disagree with your assessment then tough. You did what you could and they went in a different direction. "Thanks for the input. It has been noted"

I dont see any merit in a witch hunt or washing dirty laundry in public.

Report a post, let those in charge make a decision and then live with what they decide. If you really disagree then either do it off the forum or find somewhere else where you would be happier.
Yes, I absolutely agree. But people don't always do that sadly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
:ph34r:

In fairness, I report posts whenever I see spam or some thing malicious or an attack of any sort. The mods can testify to that.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One current & respected member was perma banned under a previous username and returned via the back door (Oooh, Matron, etc) tho, tbf.

Not that it should be a precedent, but it has happened
Casson a clear example of this. Although i think noone knew he was the same as the previous incarnation for ages, though it should've been obvious by the amount of Korea talk.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Casson a clear example of this. Although i think noone knew he was the same as the previous incarnation for ages, though it should've been obvious by the amount of Korea talk.
Cass was the poster I was alluding too. More than paid his debt to society, IMHO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, I know you are a friend of sledger but you should try to present a neutral view as much as possible. Have you even seen the best of sledger thread showing the worst of sledger threads? What was it called. Utterly dire. Also there were many little threads like this one.
I used the term hyperbole because you said something like (and I paraphrase) "sledger did things that were unthinkable". Now he caused mischief, broke rules etc, but your tone almost acted like he was the third moors murderer. That's all I meant :p

Sledger had created a multi once. I detected the same tone and mentioned it to him on msn ages ago. He was surprised at my detective skills. So if multi is permaban, sledger should be perma banned maybe. I don't know. Heh.

Edit - Richard knows about this too.
Any more exclusive scoops for us? :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can confirm I was surprised at Pratters possessing such incredible logic, genuinely surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.