• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Clearly is precam, tbh. Can't imagine anyone new to a site would ape so exactly the posting style of a previously banned member.

I don't really have any strong opinion either way, but do find myself sort of agreeing with Dicko (I know, fans of the impending apocalypse might want to keep an eye on the horizon for four horsemen) that making (almost literally) dozens of multis until the powers that be CBA anymore renders permas pretty much meaningless.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He's been good in his latest guise and I think CC would be poorer for it if he was banned. He's one of those posters that keep CC ticking, will post in every thread and just keep debate flowing and that pretty important imho. Has his dire moments, but so does everyone else.
My thoughts basically.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clearly is precam, tbh. Can't imagine anyone new to a site would ape so exactly the posting style of a previously banned member.

I don't really have any strong opinion either way, but do find myself sort of agreeing with Dicko (I know, fans of the impending apocalypse might want to keep an eye on the horizon for four horsemen) that making (almost literally) dozens of multis until the powers that be CBA anymore renders permas pretty much meaningless.
I've been a tad under the weather all week and not been around much and as soon as I feel better I come back to this :blink:

Happen I've passed away and gone to .....................

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He's been good in his latest guise and I think CC would be poorer for it if he was banned. He's one of those posters that keep CC ticking, will post in every thread and just keep debate flowing and that pretty important imho. Has his dire moments, but so does everyone else.
Agreed.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You would think if it is him then he has to be banned, no question, as that is what the rules are. If it is him and he's allowed to stay, then he should be able to come out and say 'I am Precam' and be allowed to post without pretension.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In general agree, altohugh it's obviously important that nobody gets banned on a 'whim' because that would be damaging to the forum's wider reputation. If there isn't evidence of a dupe then a psoter shouldn't be banned for it, IMO.
There is evidence of a dupe. I don't see how that can be disputed. As I say, it would seem that the evidence is not of the strength that would stand-up in a court of law, but it's easily strong enough to qualify banning being on more than "a whim".

Posters - who aren't Murphy - have been banned for aping Murphy's posting style\ID before now. I can't see how that sets anything other than a fine precedent for use here.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Regardless of anything, the "keep trying enough and you'll eventually be let around perma-bans" approach is not a good one. Sets dangerous precedent. Personally I don't and never have really minded Pnottath\Precambrian (seems I've missed some of his worst posting) but you cannot be allowing him or anyone else to duplicate their way out of permas. If you're going to let him off, un-ban him and merge all of his accounts, don't just let the latest duplicate off.

CW bannings aren't governed by human rights laws - there is no reason mods can't ban an account just because of lack of evidence of the strength which would stand-up in a court of law.

I'd say if polled about 90% of regular CW users would say they're fairly sure this Sir Alex account is Precambrian. I'm also fairly sure this "Avada Kedavra" character is likewise.
Yeah, this.

He isn't that bad (albeit somewhat annoying), but still. Did anyone care if someone like SW/BLE actually started posting good under a multi?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hello, this is fun is it? Only I wish it was. I have seen this allegation since my inital days here in CW. This is a fantastic forum and the Cricket Chat section si unparallelled in any of the other forums I've been to. But this speculation has rather run it's course for me. I am hence, forced to either prove I am NOT someone which is farily beyond me or I have to refrain from posting in this forum.
I think the latter is more easier, and I won't be troubling the doubting Thomases with my "trolling" here.
Regards everyone. Sriram.
You definitely should stay mate.

HeathDavisSpeed

Barney Rubble accused me of being this "BLE" character when I joined up.

You know, not every account that signs up is a multi of some already existing toss-piece. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Some of you should be ashamed.

DingDong

State Captain
You definitely should stay mate.
+1
this is a dark day for cricketweb. the witch hunting of some posters in here has caused a poster to leave because he couldn't stand the harassment anymore.

cyber bullying is not cool guys ok.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lots of misconceptions in this thread. There seems to be this idea out there that we're sure it's him but have decided to let him be. This is not the case - if we were sure it was him, he'd be banned regardless of whether he was causing trouble or not, as several of Precam's accounts have been banned before.

While I agree that Sir Alex's posting style bares a resemblance to that on Precambrian, there's no real evidence to prove that they are one and the same. To cite an example, if I had managed to get myself banned just before Uppercut joined, you might be having this conversation about Uppercut's account right now. If anyone has evidence beyond that of "he posts in a similar way and supports India" then feel free to contact the moderation team with it. We don't want to get into the business of banning people as dupes before we're sure they are in fact dupes - the last Sledger incident is a good example of why.

Matteh

You know, not every account that signs up is a multi of some already existing toss-piece. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Some of you should be ashamed.
Probably because the WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH stuff made you appear about 15.

HeathDavisSpeed

Probably because the WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH stuff made you appear about 15.
This is indeed true. It was made me feel gud though and now you've made me feel bad :(

Anyway, the point I was trying to make (albeit melodramatically - its been a tough day) is that there seems to be nothing but flimsy circumstantial evidence to say this guy is Precam, but it gets brought up all the time. There's more evidence that myself and Volty are the same - I suspect at least occasionally we post from the same IP address. If I'd joined up 18months/2 years after I did, I suspect I'd have been banned as a Voltman multi due to his previous multis and the aforementioned circumstantial evidence.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

No-one is passing any conviction by saying "looks like SW\BLE is back" or something along those lines.

It's ridiculous to apply the innocent-until-proven-guilty-beyond-reasonable-doubt mantra to CW duplicate accounts. Especially when it's easier than ever these days to mask IP addles. I don't see there's any harm in calling it when you suspect a d00plicate - if you're wrong you're wrong, but by-and-large those who do it consistently can spot the person they're on about. If it's an official Mod doing it maybe that's a bit different but everyday rank-and-file poster there's no good reason not to whatsoever IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.