• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Private Messaging!?!?!?!?!

nibbs

International Captain
The member list, now the PM system? Why has the private messaging system been disabled?

I enjoy participating in WCC, the awesome PBEM cricket league hosted here at CW. Trading is approaching, and private messaging is my main way of contacting managers to propose trades? Do you guys have any ideas as to when it will be restored?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was being abused by one or two people attempting to poach members for another site by using spamming techniques.

The action is very much regrettable but under the circumstances unavoidable at the time.

nibbs

International Captain
I was just wondering, if the criminals have been banned, how is it possible for them to access the PM system, hence why bother disabling it???

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nibs, these decisions will be taken by senior Staff members such as James, Andre and Rich, and by them only.

I imagine they didn't take the decision to stop them lightly, and will therefore not take the decision to bring them back any more lightly.

One thing I will say though is that constant hassling and questioning will not make the decision be made any quicker.

Andre

International Regular
Unfortunately, each time the offenders are banned, a new account is registered with a differant email address doing the same thing.

Sadly, for the moment, it is the only way of dealing with the problem, and as Marc states, it was not made lightly.

Trust me - the private messaging system was used by me too - and I miss it as much as anyone, but someone always has to ruin it for everyone and you can very much thank the spammers for that :(

Craig

World Traveller
It made difference to me, although it is a good why of communicating without other people knowing about it and it allowed me to take over AUckland for Liam when he went away.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
think they've stopped spamming james. we should be happy we have rid ourselves of them. so happy that we get pm back.:D