• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes to the Forum - Your Thoughts

James

Cricket Web Owner
There has been discussion within the staff and moderators over the past week in merging forums to centralise disussion and cut down on the sub forums with little activity.

This is the final list that has put together between the staff and moderators:

• Cricket Chat
  • Coaching and Equipment Forum

• Cricket Web Products
    • Cricket Mail
    • Fantasy Cricket
    • CW Games

• Cricket Games
    • Battrick
    • From the Pavilion

• CW XI

• Site Discussion
    • Downtime
    • Testing

• Other
    • Off Topic
    • General Sports Forum
This sees:

• Cricket Humour, Backyard Cricket, Cricket Clubs merge into Cricket Chat
  • Brian Lara International Cricket 2009, ICC Series, Freeware/Shareware merge into General with it being renamed to Cricket Games
  • Cricket Web XI moving up, with there no longer being a Simulation League category.
We would be interested in members thoughts on these changes before they are made.

James

Cricket Web Owner
We plan on making these changes Sunday morning Australian EST time if we don't lots of feedback disagreeing with what is suggested above.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think they're all good ideas with the exception of merging 'Cricket Humour, Backyard Cricket, Cricket Clubs merge into Cricket Chat'. Perhaps merging all those categories into a sub-forum of Cricket Chat? Say a Misc cricket forum with the description being 'for discussion of club, backyard, humour etc'?

Edit: or include it with the coaching and equipment forum.

stumpski

International Captain
I think they're all good ideas with the exception of merging 'Cricket Humour, Backyard Cricket, Cricket Clubs merge into Cricket Chat'. Perhaps merging all those categories into a sub-forum of Cricket Chat? Say a Misc cricket forum with the description being 'for discussion of club, backyard, humour etc'?

Yeah, incorporate Humour into Cricket Chat, as it were. I would include Backyard and Cricket Clubs in a Playing, Coaching and Equipment subforum though as I don't really post there it wouldn't really affect me obviously.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Yeah this is pretty much exactly what I was going to say too, the rest of the changes strike me as being a good idea though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Good idea merging cricket humour into cricket chat, considering that many of the views held by some people on cricket chat fall into the former category anyways.

cpr

International Coach
Putting humour into CC would mean i'd actually have to venture into CC once in a blue moon. Not impressed!!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be a sub-forum for SBI's tennis simulator. Its been pretty popular, even though its slow going at the moment.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'd personally go for what some other people have suggested, with merging all of the stuff like cricket humour and club cricket into one Mics Cricket forum and keeping CC just for proper (for want of a better word) discussion.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Those other three forums had so little activity that it wasn't worth keeping them seperate from Cricket Chat. There's no point having a sub forum that has on average between 3 to 8 threads a month created within it we thought.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Can't imagine 'backyard cricket' was getting much activity.

ripper868

International Coach
Think Humour should stay out of CC, Captions this:Yuvraj eating a banana lulz don't look no good in what is the 'flagship' forum of the site IMO.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Think Humour should stay out of CC, Captions this:Yuvraj eating a banana lulz don't look no good in what is the 'flagship' forum of the site IMO.
Agreed. Was off the site for a bit, was a bit of a shock to get used to it. I don't mind it though.

pasag

RTDAS
The new front page notice needs slight editing - communicate privately with other members (PM)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good idea, I still dislike the fact that General sports is seperate from OT, but I think I am in the minority there