• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The all caps change to lowercase

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Right, if you write a post all in capitals, it gets changed to lowercase. This probably makes sense...

However, if you quote a post that has lowercase in, and reply in all capitals, the whole post gets changed to be in lowercase:

Like This

Does this annoy anyone else, or is it just me?

Is there anyway this could be changed? :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
IT WOULD ANNOY ME, BUT THERE'S SUCH A SIMPLE WAY AROUND IT, IT DOESN'T. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PUT ONE LOWER-CASE LETTER AT THE END OF THE POST AND THIS AVOIDS THE CAPS FILTER. LIKE THIS:
z

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but if you forget, and you've quoted a post, if you go back into edit it, everything (including quoted) is in block lowercase.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So just press the quote button again on the post you were quoting, highlight+CtrlX, click edit on the offending post, highlight+CtrlZ, retype whichever acronym\abbreviation it was you were using (let's face it it's not going to be anything other than that as no other post is ever going to be an all-CAPS job unless you're some sort of spammer).

Takes about 10 seconds, and if the de-CAPitalisation of every letter annoys you as much as it clearly does (as I say, annoys me on the odd occasion I forget too), worth doing. I have to do it occasionally.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'll ask over on the official vbulletin forums about this guys.

Will let you know what I get back.

cpr

International Coach
Yeah, simple answer is post something worthwhile rather than just quote - AWTA.

Never been guilty of that myself mind........

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, true, it pretty much only happens if I'm posting something low content like AWTA, DWTA, or a smilie with no lowercase ( :D )

cpr

International Coach
Bah, wasnt expecting you to agree, wanted you to argue so i could quote it and put DTWA. Spoilsport......

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, true, it pretty much only happens if I'm posting something low content like AWTA, DWTA, or a smilie with no lowercase ( :D )
The BigGrin and the OhMy smilies are about the only ones which are afflicted by that particular curse. And as I said, it will only ever happen with acronym\abbreviation-only posts - I can't think why someone would post a post that was exclusively :D or :-O really TBH.

As I say, really easy to deal with even if there isn't a vBulletin-modification solution - which obviously it'd be good if there was. It's strange, because this only comes with the latest version of vBulletin - it never used to do this on the old versions.

In fact under previous versions a quote was a remedy for the problem of any post which could be composed exclusively of acronym\abbreviation (or :D\:-O) - now it makes matters worse.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I go to post posts like :D all the time in match threads and stuff. Less so in the footy thread this year, but still.